Employer is looking for Senior Global Relationship Manager-GES in Portland, OR.
This local job opportunity with ID 725824 is live since 10/05/2017.
Employer (NYSE: CTL) is a global communications and IT services company focused on connecting its customers to the power of the digital world. Employer offers network and data systems management, big data analytics, managed security services, hosting, cloud, and IT consulting services. The company provides broadband, voice, video, advanced data and managed network services over a robust 265,000-route-mile U.S. fiber network and a 360,000-route-mile international transport network. Visit Employer for more information.
Job Location: Portland or Salem, OR
The Senior Global Relationship Manager – Government and Education Sales implements effective strategies for long-term success by utilizing knowledge of the sales process and efficient selling techniques; applying time-management skills to planning and managing projects; continuously evaluating revenue targets; and ensuring time and resource investment to produce greater returns.
- Establishes successful business relationships by actively seeking new business influencers within assigned territory of State Government; targeting line of business leadership to identify business challenges; collaborating with vendors/partners to identify opportunities for new business; attending conferences to stay current on business and market trends; building adaptive relationships; maintaining a strong ability to teach the customer; tailoring conversations to their areas of interest; providing superior customer service; having a strong ability to control the conversation; and getting the client to commit to take action.
- Engages new business by searching market for new contacts; researching active networks; diversifying opportunities; and becoming familiar with the client’s business gaining customers commitment to allocate their resources and time to the project/solution.
- Successful sales in the market by allocating critical resources; uncovering customer time and resources for the project/solution such as the people, money and time; and gaining customers commitment to allocate their resources and time to the project/solution.
- Targets high potential, challenging accounts by upselling into challenging accounts; analyzing alternative approaches; utilizing diverse methods and strategies for new opportunities; and dealing in continuous customer relationships to create successful conclusions.
- Prospects new sales by engaging in cold calls, direct marketing, current book of business, social media, and the existing network; identifying new sources of business; recognizing new opportunities for business; being familiar with customer’s market/industry; and having insight into the accounts and key relations.
- Manages the sales funnel by analyzing and controlling pipeline activity and monitoring sales activity against assigned quotas.
- Utilizes presentation/communication skills by working with the Microsoft Office suite of applications such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; displaying excellent verbal and written communication skills; critiquing and polishing presentations; and developing interactive skills such as the whiteboard.
- Familiar with local marketplace, companies and community
- Demonstrated stable track record in Sales with 3-5 years consecutive and successful sales experience within one company in the last 7 years.
- Government and/or Education sales will be very helpful.
Alternate Location: US-Oregon-Portland; US-Oregon-Salem
Requisition #: 145811
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at Employer style="color:black">
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.