Employer (NYSE: CTL) is a global communications and IT services company focused on connecting its customers to the power of the digital world. Employer offers network and data systems management, big data analytics, managed security services, hosting, cloud, and IT consulting services. The company provides broadband, voice, video, advanced data and managed network services over a robust 265,000-route-mile U.S. fiber network and a 360,000-route-mile international transport network. Visit Employer for more information.
• Answer inbound customer trouble calls from customers,
• Monitor several networks using Netcool network monitoring tools and troubleshoot all problems that arise during the shift,
• Create proactive and reactive trouble tickets to summarize customer repair issues,
• Perform trouble isolation and initiate corrective action on customer reported problems,
• Engage and coordinate other technical assistance teams to assist with more complex trouble resolution,
• Follow-up, manage, resolve and close assigned trouble tickets.
• Working knowledge of Ethernet, TCP/IP, and LAN/WAN components,
• Basic knowledge of testing and servicing of voice and data broadband and narrowband transport and PRI-ISDN,
• Basic knowledge of telephone switching/trunking techniques,
• Familiarity with Internet protocols, authentication methods, client-server connectivity,
• Experience with call center/IVR technology a plus,
• Experience with monitoring voice and data networks using Netcool, and other systems tools,
• Extensive experience and knowledge of Windows Server systems management,
• Experience with technical problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
Candidate must be willing and able to:
• Work shift schedules in a 24 X 7 X 365 operation,
• Multi-task effectively under frequently stressful situations,
• Triage customer issues quickly and work with other teams to resolve those issues,
• Demonstrate excellent interpersonal and customer-relations skills.
Associates or Equivalent
Alternate Location: US-Colorado-Littleton
Requisition #: 143441
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at Employer style="color:black">
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.read more