Associate Product Manager
Join the World's Leading Manufacturer and Distributor of Custom Framing Products
Larson-Juhl US LLC, a subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway; designs, manufactures, and distributes framing products in the United States and Canada. The company offers wood and metal moulding, matboard, foam board, glass, equipment, and other framing supplies to retail framing customers. As the world's leading manufacturer and distributor of custom framing products, Larson-Juhl has a rich tradition of caring for our customers and our team members.
We are a company committed to our Values:
- Customer always comes first.
- Fair and honest in all dealings.
- Respect for the individual.
- Excellence in products and service.
- Rewards tie to performance.
- Leadership by example.
The Associate Product Manager role is a strategic and business-oriented role focused on delivering innovative solutions to meet evolving market needs. This extends from increasing the profitability of the existing product portfolio to bringing new and competitive products to the market.
The Associate Product Manager will own a category of products to manage through the entire product lifecycle, including gathering market and business requirements, pricing and positioning in the market, defining the product vision, and working closely with teams across the company to implement and execute on that vision to deliver products to market. The Associate Product Manager must work closely with the Product Manager and Product Director to ensure that their efforts are aligned with the company’s overall strategy and goals.
- Owns the product lifecycle for a specific set of products from strategic planning to tactical implementation activities including end of life (pricing, promotions, markdowns, discontinues)
- Drives competitive research, including all necessary tactical information to support the business unit in development of strategic plans and programs
- Supports the development of product business plans including SWOT analysis, pricing, revenue/expense projections, business needs and competitive drivers
- Leads the business in the development of long-range, cross functional product strategic plans and rationalization of the portfolio
- Demonstrates an in-depth understanding of the competitive product marketplace and supports the Product Manager and Product Director in the identification of new product and promotional opportunities based on market demand and the company’s strategic direction
- Develops streamlined programs and processes to support the field’s efforts in the market
- Assists in driving product launch process and owning ROI for new opportunities in the category
- Leads and manages key customer and supplier relationships for category of products
- Sets market pricing and promotional strategies to drive profitability of the product portfolio
- Manages forecasts and budgets alongside the Product Manager and Product Director
- Works with supply chain and operations in building accurate product forecasts and drive to turn and inventory goals
- Provides sales and marketing support, including competitive awareness, pricing, product positioning, and trainings
- Bachelor’s degree with a strong preference for a major in marketing, business, or a related area
- 2 to 3+ years of experience in a professional capacity in product or brand management, trade marketing, general management or a related area; product lifecycle management experience a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, must be able to present data in an organized manner
- Solid analytical skills and acute attention to details
- Advanced skills using Microsoft Office, Excel and Power Point
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize tasks to achieve established deadlines
- Proven ability to lead cross functional team
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic and exceptional drive for results
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks
- Strong project management skills
Larson-Juhl provides team members with rewarding career opportunities and a comprehensive benefits program, including:
- Health, life, and dental insurance
- A company matched 401(k) plan
- Short and long-term disability coverage
- Paid vacations, paid personal time and paid holidays
- A scholarship program, educational assistance and profit sharing
Join Us - Apply online and become part of our great team!
Larson-Juhl is proud to be an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in our employment practices on any basis protected by federal, state or local law including race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Have questions? Contact our recruiting team directly @ 1.866.748.8722
No agencies please.
We are excited to partner with the HR Professionals at TalentAssist to manage our recruitment efforts for this opening. All responses will be processed promptly on behalf of our hiring team by TalentAssist. Please submit your resumes, applications or questions directly to Instigate for consideration. Thank you for your interest in joining our team.