Employer (NYSE: CTL) is a global communications and IT services company focused on connecting its customers to the power of the digital world. Employer offers network and data systems management, big data analytics, managed security services, hosting, cloud, and IT consulting services. The company provides broadband, voice, video, advanced data and managed network services over a robust 265,000-route-mile U.S. fiber network and a 360,000-route-mile international transport network. Visit Employer for more information.
This positon installs telephone plant facilities and high-speed internet at customer premises according to specifications directed and established by Employer procedures. You will also maintain, expand, replace and repair all plant facilities and subscriber apparatus required to provide service to customers, interact directly with Employer customers and support sales efforts.
Open Date: 7/13/2017
Close Date: 7/23/2017
1) Install, repair, test, and modify line and station telephone equipment for customers using hand tools, power tools, and computer interfaces. Includes repairs to outside wires and tree trimming, and placing new drops.
2) Inspect subscriber premises to determine the appropriate method of installation.
3) Test newly installed telephone/equipment using testing devices and repairs or replaces faulty equipment. Perform appropriate testing to ensure proper transmission and supervision specifications.
4) Work closely with the Dispatch Center for work assignments such as trouble reports and service orders. Record transmission readings, daily time, and function codes in Work Force Management.
5) Install and maintain subscriber PairGain Devices.
6) Refurbish cable and install facilities within pedestals and/or terminals.
7) Actively support sales and marketing related activities through the Take the Lead Program.
8) Climb poles using either hooks, ladders or bucket trucks, attach terminal boxes and carrier housings, and repair or replace defective lines and auxiliary equipment.
9) Unreel and string aerial lines; install conduits and pole hardware.
10) Pull lines through conduit by hand or with use of a winch.
11) Observe all safety rules and regulations.
12) Correct prints and maintain as-builts in accordance with company practices and policies.
13) Install and maintain video, data, and station wiring and apparatus, maintain loop plant, including analog and digital subscriber carrier.
14) Assist other Technical personnel in the performance of their duties when requested.
15) Transporting, set up, and running of portable generator sets.
16) Locate buried telephone cables.
17) Installation/troubleshooting of high-speed internet and data networks.
18) Must convey a positive and professional appearance and demeanor when communicating the company’s products and services to our customers.
19) Assume all other duties as assigned.
1) Experience: One year of current telecommunications industry experience in one or more of the following areas: installation, maintenance, and repair of aerial, buried and underground wire and cable; telephones; switched digital television; High Speed Internet; building wiring; station equipment; or equivalent in education and training.
2) Incumbent must be technically proficient in order to perform the specific work requirements of the job in the particular location.
3) Must have working knowledge of PC’s, including basic computer operational tasks.
4) Must have strong interpersonal communication skills for communicating Employer’s products and services to customers.
5) Must possess a valid driver’s license, be able to safely operate company vehicles and equipment, and maintain a safe driving record.
6) Must be able to safely use hooks, ladders, bucket trucks; and to climb poles.
7) Must have capability to distinguish colors on facilities.
8) Heavy lifting as required.
9) May work in confined spaces.
10) Ability to work outside in all weather conditions and at various hours of the day/night.
11) Must be able to respond to after hour call-outs, work overtime, shift, weekends, and holidays as required.
12) Must be able to travel overnight as necessary for business requirements and training.
13) Ability to maintain an excellent attendance record.
1) Associate’s Degree in Electronics/Communications.
2) CCNT, CCNA, Network+, or A+ Certifications.
3) Training on basic IT and network fundamentals.
4) Experience in Outside Plant functions.
5) Subscriber carrier training.
6) Pole climbing training.
7) Experience or training in how to read and interpret outside and subscriber plant facility records.
8) Internet protocol telephony exposure.
9) Electronics training or experience that demonstrates knowledge of AC/DC theory.
10) Experience splicing fiber optics.
11) Knowledge of analog and digital transmission.
12) Experience with installation and troubleshooting of high-speed internet services.
13) Proven ability to generate sales opportunities during day-to-day customer contact
High School Diploma or Equivalent
Alternate Location: Kalispell, Montana
Requisition #: 144822
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at Employer style="color: black;">
This position is part of a bargaining unit and represented by a union. Depending upon the applicable collective bargaining agreement under which you may be hired, you may be: (a) required to join the union and pay union dues as a condition of employment; or, (b) required to pay union dues, but not join the union as a condition of employment; or (c) free to chose whether or not to join the union, but if you do join the union you would be obligated to pay union dues.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.