Employer (NYSE: CTL) is a global communications and IT services company focused on connecting its customers to the power of the digital world. Employer offers network and data systems management, big data analytics, managed security services, hosting, cloud, and IT consulting services. The company provides broadband, voice, video, advanced data and managed network services over a robust 265,000-route-mile U.S. fiber network and a 360,000-route-mile international transport network. Visit Employer for more information.
We have an immediate opening for a Customer Service Technician II to install telephone plant facilities, switched digital television, and high-speed internet at customer premises according to specifications directed and established by Employer procedures. Also to maintain, expand, replace and repair all plant facilities and subscriber apparatus required to provide service to customers. This position interacts directly with Employer customers.
- Perform installation, maintenance and troubleshooting of high-speed internet, video and voice networks including associated wiring and equipment.
- Perform maintenance and repair on outside plant facilities.
- Climb poles, use a shovel and pick to dig up and bury cable; and may be required to work in manholes or controlled environmental vaults (CEV).
- Locate buried telephone cables.
- Observe all safety rules and regulations.
- Assist other Technical personnel in the performance of their duties when requested.
- Convey a positive and professional appearance and demeanor when communicating the company’s products and services to our customers.
- Actively support sales and marketing related activities.
- Assume all other duties as assigned.
- Education: High School Diploma or GED.
- Experience within the last 5 (five) years installing, maintaining, repairing and/or testing any of the following residential or small business broadband products: high speed internet, phone lines, home theatre, wireless networks, cable TV, satellite TV, sound/audio installs, closed circuit TV, security alarm or fire alarm systems.
- Experience cabling (CAT5 or Coax) various electronic components (e.g., routers, TVs, gaming consuls, stereo systems and home entertainment systems).
- Prior experience in a customer facing or customer service operation
- Strong interpersonal communication skills for communicating Employer’s products and services to customers
- Ability to visually identify all colors used in telephone cable
- Working knowledge of PC’s, including basic computer operational tasks
- Ability to safely use hooks, ladders, bucket trucks; and to climb poles
- Ability to handle 28-foot extension ladders (up to 75 lbs) and manhole covers (up to 150 lbs).
- Ability to work in confined spaces.
- Ability to work outside in all weather conditions and at various hours of the day/night
- Ability to respond to after hour call-outs, work overtime, shift, weekends, and holidays as required.
- Ability to travel overnight as necessary for business requirements and training
- Possession of a valid driver’s license, with proven ability to safely operate company vehicles and equipment, and maintain a safe driving record
- Three (3) years of current telecommunications industry experience in one or more of the following areas: installation, maintenance, and repair of aerial, buried and underground wire and cable; switched digital television; High Speed Internet; station equipment.
- CCNT, CCNA, Network+, or A+ Certifications
- Training on basic IT and network fundamentals.
- Experience or training in how to read and interpret outside and subscriber plant facility records.
- Internet protocol telephony exposure
- Electronics training or experience that demonstrates knowledge of AC/DC theory
- Knowledge of analog and digital transmission
Alternate Location: US-Pennsylvania-Mifflintown
Requisition #: 147812
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at Employer style="color:black">
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.