Employer (NYSE: CTL) is a global communications and IT services company focused on connecting its customers to the power of the digital world. Employer offers network and data systems management, big data analytics, managed security services, hosting, cloud, and IT consulting services. The company provides broadband, voice, video, advanced data and managed network services over a robust 265,000-route-mile U.S. fiber network and a 360,000-route-mile international transport network. Visit Employer for more information.
The Customer Service Technician II responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Installs and repairs single and multi-line residential and business accounts.
- Maintains and repairs outside plant cables, which include, copper and fiber, which are underground, direct buried, and aerial.
- Must be able to work overtime, and take callouts.
- Excellent customer and team skills are required.
Gettysburg, PA 17325 or Hanover, PA 17331
- Job requires specialized advanced vocational skills (generally non-theoretical) acquired on or off the job, typically gained through a combination of education and relevant experience, totaling 4 years post-high school or equivalent.
- Experience within the last 5 (five) years installing, maintaining, repairing and/or testing any of the following residential or small business broadband products: high speed internet, phone lines, home theatre, wireless networks, cable TV, satellite TV, sound/audio installs, closed circuit TV, security alarm or fire alarm systems.
- Experience cabling (CAT5 or Coax) various electronic components (e.g., routers, TVs, gaming consuls, stereo systems and home entertainment systems).
- High school graduate or equivalent, an associate degree in electronics, or 2 years work related experience or must have completed 12 college credit hours in computer science or electronics subject to company approval.
- Possess and maintain valid driver's license and have an acceptable driving record.
- Accept call-outs and overtime as a condition of employment.
- Satisfactorily complete company schools: AC/DC; Basic OSP, Service Tech Modules 1, 2, 3, Basic Transmission and Noise Mitigation, and Cable Repair.
- Successfully meet physical requirements; work aloft from ladders, platforms, poles (with climbers), and bucket trucks; safely lift, carry, set up and secure 75 lb ladder; able to load/transport standard nitrogen cylinder.
- Possess strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Possess a good attendance, work and safety record.
- Work from oral or written instructions with the ability to plan work without direct supervision.
- Have neat and legible handwriting
- Possess proficient personal computer operation skills.
- Must be able to work with internal and external customers.
- Prior experience in a customer facing or customer service operation
- Experience with DSL installation and repair
- Perform installation, maintenance, and repair on all cable/station facilities and related equipment, along with other associated duties.
- Climb poles, use a shovel and pick to dig up and bury cable; and may be required to work in manholes or controlled environmental vaults (CEV)
Alternate Location: US-Pennsylvania-Gettysburg; US-Pennsylvania-Hanover
Requisition #: 147424
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at Employer style="color:black">
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.