The Quality Assurance (QA) Engineer is responsible for creating automated tests for MIFID, which is project to meet European regulatory requirements by the end of the year. The candidate will have to created automated tests for the Bloomberg platform as well as ensuring the company's STP existing flow is not disrupted due to MIFID related changes in the trade flow. QA engineers have to ensure MIFID is delivered with the highest quality in terms of functionality, data accuracy and reliability by designing and implementing testing solutions using existing testing tools and adapting to project requirements. Individual will work closely with key project stakeholders in the Trading, Legal and Compliance systems team in Technology. Therefore, the ability to work collaboratively and effectively with all levels of management and peers is essential. This role will be responsible for functional, regression, performance and security testing for both internal trading applications as well as Bloomberg/Vendor trading platforms.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Define, develop and manage Test strategy and standards for application development projects by working closely with QA managers and Trading, Legal and Compliance systems Development Team.
* Help enforce enterprise standard processes including streamline Agile Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) for assigned projects
* Develop, execute and manage re-usable automated test scripts using industry standard testing tools – HP ALM, HP UFT, and by working closely with other QA team members.
* Perform functional, integration, regression, and performance testing utilizing both automated scripts and manual test cases, as needed.
* Identify, review, document and effectively communicate defects or enhancements using industry standard tools like HP ALM, Collabnet Team Forge, and JIRA.
* Participate and validate production releases to ensure successful deployments of assigned projects in timely manner.
* Manage assigned projects from Testing activities including being on top of each projects on daily basis
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
* Preferably 4-5 years of software quality assurance experience, with capital markets trading applications and Financial industry knowledge
* Experts in QA testing tools HP ALM, HP UFT is required
* Experience with VB Scripts, test automation scripting is required.
* Knowledge of relational databases and SQL especially with ORACLE is required
* Good understanding of capital market securities and knowledge of trade flow and financial markets
* Should possess strong analytical skills
* Experience with other testing tools such as Selenium, Soap UI, HP Performance Center is a plus
* Familiarity with Test Automation tools or descriptive programming capabilities is plus
* Excellent teamwork and communication skills are required
* Experience working in a fast paced and agile product development environment is desired
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND TRAVEL:
* Bachelor's degree required, preferably in Computers and / or Information Systems.
COMMUNICATION AND COGNITIVE ABILITIES:
* Must be self-motivated and detail-orientated for assigned project tasks
* Must be comfortable working in ambiguous and/or fast-pace environment.
* Flexible, able to change priorities quickly, and capacity to handle multiple tasks within specified time.
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
* Ability to work independently and as part of a team