Employer is the world’s largest provider of diversified business process services with leading capabilities in transaction processing, automation, analytics and constituent experience. We work with both government and commercial customers in assisting them to deliver quality services to the people they serve.
We manage interactions with patients and the insured for a significant portion of the U.S. healthcare industry. We are the customer interface for large segments of the technology industry and the operational and processing partner of choice for public transportation systems around the world.
Whether it’s digital payments, claims processing, benefit administration, automated tolling, customer care or distributed learning – Employer manages and modernizes these interactions to create value for both our clients and their constituents. Learn more at Employer.com.
If you meet the requirements of this position and want to work for a world-class company with a great marketplace reputation, apply today.
POSITION DESCRIPTION\: Senior Systems Engineer
This is a senior level professional. The Systems Engineer is a fully qualified individual who applies a broad knowledge of engineering/automation concepts, practices and procedures within transportation and tolling applications. Applicants will be competent to work on fairly complex assignments (and/or portions of larger, complex systems) and perform a full range of development activities. The applicant works under deadlines and is capable of handling heavy workloads, and operating with only general supervision, although errors at this level can cause delay, expense and/or disruption. This position may provide functional guidance to less experienced staff or other functional areas such software developers. Applicants will be responsible for the installation, development, implementation, and customization of hardware and software system elements.
Duties and Responsibilities
- System design, system engineering and/or system integration for transportation and tolling systems.
- Engineering evaluation and/or test of materials (H/W and/or S/W components, products and systems).
- Preparation of detailed specifications from which design documentation will be written, or equipment design/fabricated or installed.
- Performance of associated process studies, research investigations and requirements analysis of all aspects of computer systems, communications and telecommunications system, etc., by applying statistical/analytical and modeling or engineering techniques, procedures and criteria in specialized areas.
- Participation in the development and preparation of documentation for, but not limited to, procedural, system and user documentation. Designs, develops, installs, implements, fine tunes, technical documents and/or maintains CMMS databases; monitors standards and procedures and integrates systems through system engineering best practices.
- Works with users to ensure successful system implementation; may assist in user training.
- Occasionally, may provide guidance and assist with training of less experienced staff.
- Must be capable of writing large portions of technical proposals in response to RFP/RFI.
- Maintains state-of-the-art knowledge and compiles information into recommendations and analyses.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related technical field and equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 3-5 years of responsible, related technical experience, including 1 year on large, technically complex systems and 6 months with major responsibility for developing, revising and controlling technical documentation of a complex system.
- Proficiency using personal computer and associated work station/computer-assisted tools, AutoCAD, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project, Microsoft Visio and Linux operating systems, etc.
- Demonstrated commitment to providing customer-focused, quality service.
- Ability to make oral presentations.
- Ability to interface successfully with clients and Employer personnel.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a technical team.
- Commitment to producing quality (accurate, complete and clearly defined) user/client documentation and technical reports.
Employer is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender identity, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, military/veteran status, citizenship status, basis of genetic information, or any other group protected by law. People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to apply or compete for employment with Employer Business Services or one of its subsidiaries may request such accommodation(s) by sending an e-mail to Employer style="BACKGROUND-COLOR\: white">. Be sure to include your name, the job you are interested in, and the accommodation you are seeking.