The Design Manager is responsible for overseeing analysis, design and testing. This person should have an excellent knowledge of SACWIS functionality or a comparable Child Welfare IT system. In addition, they will create test scripts based on business requirements and perform system testing using test scripts to ensure requirements are met.
The Design Manager must be knowledgeable in implementing computer systems in a phased approach of requirements analysis and conceptual design, site survey, system design review, critical design review, installation, integration, and testing. Must be knowledgeable in performing requirements analysis for a wide range of users in areas. Must be able to present system designs for user approval at formal reviews. Must be capable of performing configuration management, software integration, interpreting software test results, and recommending solutions for unsatisfactory test results. Must be knowledgeable in life-cycle support, including maintenance, administration, and management. Must be able to provide solutions to identified software problem reports.
• This role requires experience in gathering functional business requirements in a team setting; reviewing existing system documentation for the system, to extract business requirements for redesign; and system design to ensure functional requirements are met.
• Must possess at least three (3) years of SACWIS or other large Child Welfare IT systems experience
• Be proficient in written and spoken English;
• Possess advanced writing, verbal, and presentation skills;
• Be able to work independently, leverage previous experience, and lead specific tasks;
• Be knowledgeable in system requirements definition and analysis, system design, project management, test plan definition and execution, and performance measurement; and
• Provide staffing resources with experience in large-scale government system implementation.
A Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university with a major in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or other related scientific or technical discipline. A Master's Degree is preferred.Employer is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender identity, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, military/veteran status, citizenship status, basis of genetic information, or any other group protected by law. People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to apply or compete for employment with Employer Business Services or one of its subsidiaries may request such accommodation(s) by sending an e-mail to Employer Be sure to include your name, the job you are interested in, and the accommodation you are seeking. read more