Employer (NYSE: CTL) is a global communications and IT services company focused on connecting its customers to the power of the digital world. Employer offers network and data systems management, big data analytics, managed security services, hosting, cloud, and IT consulting services. The company provides broadband, voice, video, advanced data and managed network services over a robust 265,000-route-mile U.S. fiber network and a 360,000-route-mile international transport network. Visit Employer for more information.
The Senior Sales Engineer is the technical lead on the account team, responsible for technical and business requirements discovery, telecommunications and CPE solution design/engineering/consulting, and proposal preparation and support for the federal sales organization.
- Perform customer discovery discussions to understand and document business needs and design requirements necessary for the formulation of optimal solutions
- Design creative solutions for customers using the best mix of Employer and vendor-partner products. Alter the design as needed to result in the customer choosing the Employer solution
- Document, via diagrams as well as writing, and present the solution to the customer by describing the benefits of the solution
- Build relationships with customers serving as the technical liaison from pre-sales to post-sales
- Responsible for growing strategic product sales and revenue through proactive engagement with customers
- Participate in strategic and tactical account planning
- Follow industry technology trends through self-study and formal training and shares that knowledge with customers
- Communicate clearly the customer design to the teams responsible for ordering, implementation and ongoing support
- Provide technical training and development support to the local branch
- Lead internal cross-functional teams to obtain required approvals of non-standard designs for customers
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or a related field and/or 6-10 years of equivalent experience in sales engineering, systems engineering (networking services, telephony, IP networking equipment), and/or sales
- Strong Network Security Skills including Firewall, AVMS, IDS/IPS and Cyber Defense tactics.
- Strong knowledge of internetworking designs and their applications, to include IP sub-netting and complex routing techniques on LAN/WAN networks, IP Telephony, Security, network diversity applications and other technical skills documented above
- Business and technical requirements discovery; ability to craft a solution based on those requirements
- Strong written/verbal communication skills and presentation skills as well as strong project management skills
- Customer premises communication (data, video, voice) equipment from major vendors
- TDM, SONET and Ethernet technologies and products
- Data center infrastructure and networking
- Working knowledge of NIST 800 Series, building network and cloud security solutions governed by FISMA & FedRAMP standards
- Consultative selling and customer questioning techniques in order identify new opportunities, sell within in existing accounts and maintain the role of trusted advisor to both the customer and sales team
- Effective presentation, analytical, communications and customer relationship skills
- Proficiency with MS Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio
- Applicant must have relevant experience supporting federal contract vehicles such as Schedule 70, Networx, or having performed work for the upcoming IDIQ, EIS, is a must.
- Applicant must have a strong writing background and will be asked to provide previous customer-facing documentation
- Experience in the federal space is strongly preferred
- Experience searching and selling for additional opportunities once introduced to a customer
- Industry leading certifications preferred (Cisco, Juniper and others)
- Industry certifications for Security CISSP, SANS, GIAC etc are preferred
Alternate Location: [[Herndon]]
Requisition #: []
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at Employer style="color:black">
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.