Employer (NYSE: CTL) is a global communications, hosting, cloud and IT services company enabling millions of customers to transform their businesses and their lives through innovative technology solutions. Employer offers network and data systems management, Big Data analytics and IT consulting, and operates more than 55 data centers in North America, Europe and Asia. The company provides broadband, voice, video, data and managed services over a robust 250,000-route-mile U.S. fiber network and a 300,000-route-mile international transport network.
• Candidate will be expected to take a lead role for the Contracts function for their assigned customers, and serve as a subject matter expert for contractual matters with internal and external customers
• Advise business area leadership of contractual rights, obligations, risks, etc.
• Compile and analyze contractual data; maintain and archive historical information in accordance with USG regulations and company policies and procedures.
• Maintain accurate and complete contractual records and electronic contract system database as required by internal policies and procedures
• Review and evaluate customer requests for proposals or revisions to contracts, coordinating submissions.
• Perform risk assessments ensure risk and contract issues are appropriately identified and addressed in a timely manner and offer approaches to mitigate risks, including alternative contractual language, as required.
• Investigate and reconcile significant contract changes involving cost, specifications, schedules, etc.
• Work in conjunction with associated functional organizations and customers to ensure conformance with contractual obligations, to remain cognizant of problem areas, and work with business area leadership to implement the required corrective actions.
• Proactively implement controls to ensure proper execution of contract requirements and research requests for proposals.
• Prepare contract documents authorizing work to commence on a given contract or proposal within established cost, price, and schedule objectives.
• Negotiation of claims and settlements for billing disputes, labor and material costs, may include audit, control, or liaison functions with both suppliers and customers
• Financial understanding and leadership skills to lead large dollar value negotiations
• BS/BA degree in business and 15 or more years advanced contract and technical knowledge
• Broad knowledge of and exposure to all phases of contracts management
• Experience with multiple USG contracts (FFP, FPIF, CPFF, T&M, etc.) and Commercial type contracts
• Federal experience drafting, reviewing and negotiating Government contracts, subcontracts, TAs and NDAs.
• Must be a self-starter, independent worker and proven ability to work through complex problems and able to work in a fast-paced environment
• Excellent presentation and communication skills, both oral and written to support meetings with the Director, Senior Leadership and external customers
• Intellectual property and data rights knowledge
• Emerging leadership skills
• Understanding and applicability of Cost Accounting Standards
• Understanding and applying all appropriate laws and applicable regulations in preparing and negotiation highly complex contracts
• Ability to qualify for appropriate security clearances as required by USG agencies
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Active DHS Suitability, TS/SCI Clearance
Knowledge of Cyber Contracts preferred
Alternate Location: US-Virginia-Herndon
Requisition #: 135907
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at Employer style="color:black">
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.read more