Senior Systems Engineer - Linux
Employer is looking for Senior Systems Engineer - Linux in Pittsburgh, PA.
This local job opportunity with ID 742834 is live since 10/18/2017.Job DescriptionAbout Employer Employer Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $18 billion and more than 55,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive support.Job Description SummaryLinux / Cloud Administrator to help improve and manage the infrastructure for internal and remote environments. Administrator will be responsible for implementation of technical products along with development and documentation of valid process and procedures along with migrations to get transition items completed in a timely manner. The candidate will be a top-level contributor to the organization and have strong technical, communication and organizational skills and will be able to learn and adapt quickly in a fast-paced environment working with Engineering for guidance and then taking reigns to get the project or tasks at hand completed. Minimum Requirements/Qualifications:
- Bachelors’ Degree in Computer Science, Information Science, Information Technology or relevant field; equivalent work experience will be considered in lieu of degree
- 4+ years of related technical work experience physical and virtual server infrastructure systems
- Relevant technical certificates a plus
- Vast working and troubleshooting experience in the following areas: Linux, Solaris, patching solutions, scripting, various tools, and automation, with a focus on Linux
- Scripting skills for automation and ability to learn new tools and make run books where needed, enabling both on premise and cloud environments
- Experience in evaluating, revising and documenting IT processes and procedures that will be used to train L1 personnel.
- Ability to assume and complete assignments independently – driving to completion
- Ability to explain and champion technical concepts to a broad audience
- Excellent customer service skills required
- Strong analytical and product management skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, including: executives, managers, and subject matter experts
.Employer is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.