eCommerce Cloud Architect
Employer is looking for eCommerce Cloud Architect in Carlsbad, CA.
This local job opportunity with ID 744642 is live since 10/17/2017.Job Description
Employer Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $17 billion and approximately 50,000 employees in 50 countries. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive support.
As an eCommerce architect, this position is responsible for designing eCommerce strategy, implementing eCommerce application projects in Thermo Fisher and making use of new technologies to maximize the performance and scalability of the respective eCommerce platform and application.
- Partner with business to work on eCommerce roadmaps, strategies and initiatives.
- Design and develop global eCommerce platform for Employer
- Acquire and apply knowledge of new web technologies and methods to implement eBusiness strategy and initiatives.
- Work closely with DTD technical team on technical design of the solution
- Ensure products or projects are robust, scalable and extensible.
- Engage with other IT teams on integration strategy and solution between web and other interacted systems/applications including ERP, CRM, and PLM
- Work with eBusiness partners on introducing and integrating marketing tools and applications to Thermo Fisher websites.
- Provide technical leadership and support to technical teams
- Worked under pressure of deadline in a fast paced environment
Employer is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field. Minimum of four years of progressive experience on large eCommerce application/website development.
- Experienced with accelerating business growth by combining multi-channel commerce, multi-channel marketing, and other important technologies
- Extensive knowledge on at least one leading eCommerce platforms including SAP Hybris Commerce, IBM WebSphere Commerce and Oracle ATG Commerce
- Strong understanding of microservices architecture
- Prior hands-on experience in architecting or developing microservices solutions on AWS cloud or on-premise infrastructure
- Experience in working with Docker container
- Good knowledge on web infrastructure and application deployment
- Familiar with documenting design artifacts using UML tool
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Expert time management skills and ability to complete the given tasks in the allocated time frame with high quality
- Work independently and in a team efficiently
- Experience with AWS cloud solution architecture and development is a big plus