Employer is looking for LEAD ENTERPRISE ARCHITECT in St. Louis, MO.
This local job opportunity with ID 746286 is live since 10/22/2017.
Employer (NYSE: CTL) is a global communications and IT services company focused on connecting its customers to the power of the digital world. Employer offers network and data systems management, big data analytics, managed security services, hosting, cloud, and IT consulting services. The company provides broadband, voice, video, advanced data and managed network services over a robust 265,000-route-mile U.S. fiber network and a 360,000-route-mile international transport network. Visit Employer for more information.
Contributes to the overall strategic vision of the IT organization and integrates a broad range of ideas regarding IT architecture. Recognized across the organization for IT architecture expertise and sought as a resource for resolution of unique or complex IT architecture problems. Undertakes multiple and highly complex IT architecture projects involving multiple disciplines and may impact multiple business units.
- Define, assess and evaluate alternative solutions to ensure alignment with IT strategies, target architectures and IT Standards evolution
- Ensure that the IT landscape for the footprint is up to date and communicated properly across NCR
- Ensure alignment of projects with agreed Strategic IT Roadmaps and Target Architectures
- Align IT systems, data and solutions to business end-to-end boundaries and build a capable best practice staff of experts in key areas to align with each of the ITS Delivery Organizations
- Review of solution architectures against compliance with both existing and emerging IT standards
- Evaluate the strategic contribution of applications and alignment with overall IT strategies and architectures
- Maintain an accurate inventory of the IT portfolio of technologies, and a disposition status (ex. contain, maintain, deploy, retire) of all business applications
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent education and relevant experience
- 12 + years related experience
- Previous security support experience in enterprise, IT or service provider environment
- Experience diagnosing complex issues through packet capture analysis (Wireshark, tcpdump, snoop, Sniffer Pro)
- Hands on experience including but not limited to:
- Virtual and physical security technologies (ie. Palo Alto Firewall, Cisco ASA/FWSM, IP tables, ACL etc.)
- Network and Systems technologies
- Network LAN and WAN (STP, Cisco Flexlink, OSPF, BGP, MPLS, QOS)
- Microsoft or Unix server OS
- Server Loadbalancer configurations and support
- Common web server applications (IIS, .net, Tomcat, etc)
- Network and Systems hardware platforms
- Cisco routers and switches
- Juniper routers and switches
- Server Loadbalancers (F5, Cisco ACE, Inkra)
- Designing, Configuring, and supporting network or systems devices (routers, switches, servers)
- A commitment to delivering a superior customer experience through direct interaction with customers during support and change management
- Ability to quickly adapt to advancing technologies and procedural changes
- Proven incident and problem solving (troubleshooting) skills with an emphasis on a timely resolution
- Ability to translate customers' requirements into technical solutions
- Ability to coordinate and communicate effectively with other technologists and business partners to maintain high service levels in a demanding environment
- Ability to work well in team environment
- Excellent verbal, written and analytical skills
Bachelors or Equivalent
Masters or Equivalent
Alternate Location: US-Missouri-St Louis
Requisition #: 147422
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at Employer style="color:black">
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.