Alsum Farms & Produce Inc. is looking for Field Manager in Arena, WI.
This local job opportunity with ID 780563359 is live since 2021-04-02 20:02:16.
This position is responsible for managing the field operations of the potato farm including, but not limited to, representing the organization in the community, executing the annual farm operating plan while collaborating with various cross-functional departments, assisting management and agronomy personnel in the development of the annual farm operating plan, hiring/managing team members, conducting operations consistent an annual budget, providing leadership to farm team members, and maintaining/developing relationships with landowners.
Job Duties Include
- Perform/coordinate potato crop planting, fertilizing, irrigation, and spray operations
- Effectively develop positive relationships in the community
- Direct harvest operations
- Work directly and effectively with all Alsum Companies.
- Assist in the preparation of an annual farm budget/plan and ensure operations are consistent with its assumptions
- Communicate effectively with management, agronomy, and farm staff
- Complete and compile required records on crops and land base
- Oversee potato storage operations
- Ensure compliance with all state and federal labor laws, agricultural audits, food safety regulations, and workers safety
- Understand agricultural financial measurements and metrics
- Maintain a positive and professional working relationship with peers, management, and support resources
- Maintain buildings and equipment ensuring they are in the appropriate condition
- Be a self-starter; ability to work independently as well as with other personnel and management
- Represent self and company in a professional and positive manner
- Attend required company meetings and training and participate in constructive discussion
- Follow all safety rules and regulations while performing work assignments and adhere to all policies and procedures as specified in company manuals and as directed in the employee handbook
- Conduct self in the presence of customers and community so as to present a professional image of Alsum
- Proactively seek and participate in available company-sponsored training, in an effort to develop and advance knowledge base and skillset
- Maintain a positive and professional working relationship with peers, management, and support resources, with a constant commitment to teamwork and exemplary customer service
Job Requirements Include
- Previous farm operations experience including crop planting, farm equipment management, maintenance scheduling, and basic agronomy
- Previous management/ leadership experience
- Exceptional communication skills, verbal and written
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent observation, analysis, and organization abilities
- Valid driver's license