Geisinger is looking for Public Health Dental Hygiene Practitioner in Beaver Meadows, PA.
This local job opportunity with ID 790200384 is live since 2021-04-07 08:07:45.Job Title:
Public Health Dental Hygiene PractitionerLocation:
Wilkes-Barre, PennsylvaniaJob Category:
Days Work Type:
GHP Health Services DepartmentDate Posted:
Public Health Dental Hygiene Practitioner provides dental care through government sponsored programs including Medicaid and CHIP. The program is focused to aid in serving the oral healthcare needs for the underserved population, with emphasis on children ranging from ages 0-21.
- Applies protective topical agents, sealants and fluoride and related procedures within the scope of practice for a Public Health Dental Hygiene Practitioner.
- Assesses dental condition and needs of member using patient screening procedures including medical history and medications.
- Contacts parents and guardians via telephonic outreach to provide oral health educational and counseling.
- Develops dental health program and strategy in conjunction with Quality Improvement, Medical Management staff and Dental Benefit Vendor within the various areas identified as having gaps in coverage.
- Develop outreach strategy.
- Maintain records of all outreach and communications.
- Provide education material and effective outreach to identify eligible members as well as work with private practice pediatricians, Federally Qualified Health Centers and Rural Health Clinics, or schools to promote oral health care and overall wellness.
- Refers members for follow up with a dentist for an annual dental exam and assists member to obtain an appointment with a local dentist.
- Work with local agencies such as WIC, head start, nurseries, pre-schools, and child care programs and other agencies in the target areas to identify parents and programs for offering education, enrollment and treatment opportunities; provide comprehensive age appropriate education programs related to all aspects of good dental care; work with the community navigators to identify schools and agencies to recruit for our education and enrollment treatment programs.
- Schedules for and attend community-based events.
Work is typically performed in a clinical environment. Accountable for satisfying all job specific obligations and complying with all organization policies and procedures. The specific statements in this profile are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements considered necessary to successfully perform the job. Additional competencies and skills outlined in any department-specific orientation will be considered essential to the performance of the job related to that position.
Associates Degree in Dental Hygiene is preferred.
Public Health Dental Hygiene Certification preferred.
Hours: 8am -5pm
High School Diploma or Equivalent (GED)- (Required)
Minimum of 5 years-Related work experience (Required)
Certification(s) and License(s)
Certified Dental Assistant - Default Issuing Body
Our Purpose & Values
OUR PURPOSE & VALUES: Everything we do is about caring for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger family and our communities. KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone as we would hope to be treated ourselves. EXCELLENCE: We treasure colleagues who humbly strive for excellence. LEARNING: We share our knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the caregivers for tomorrow. INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community, and the nation. SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our patients and members and the Geisinger family We offer healthcare benefits for full time and part time positions from day one, including vision, dental and domestic partners.* Perhaps just as important, from senior management on down, we encourage an atmosphere of collaboration, cooperation and collegiality. We are an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer Women and Minorities are Encouraged to Apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or their protected veteran status.