Security Engineer I - Network Security
SPECTRUM is looking for Security Engineer I - Network Security in Greenwood Village, CO.
This local job opportunity with ID 791812568 is live since 2021-04-08 02:08:57.JOB SCOPE
Works closely with network engineering and technical operations staff as security threats and vulnerabilities are detected and coordinates the response to contain and mitigate the threat to Charter’s network. Coordinates the incident response process for network security operations and communicates event status to leadership. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
BASIC / MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Responsible for engineering activities that monitor, detect and alert on potential security threats and vulnerabilities to the company's telecommunications and signal processing hardware, software and electrical systems.
- Monitors security dashboard alerts to identify and respond to security events.
- Monitors and communicates threat intelligence from various resources that is relevant to Charter’s networks and systems.
- Coordinates the implementation of security counter-measures with the appropriate organizations.
- Performs vulnerability and configuration management scans and communicates results to system owners for remediation.
- Participates in the response to cyber incidents by gathering data and artifacts relevant to the event.
- Provides production support to security systems and tools used by Network Security Operations.
- Ensures compliance with security standards, policies and procedures.
- Adheres to industry specific local, state, and federal regulations, as applicable.
- Performs other duties as requested by manager.
ADDITIONAL JOB QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field and/or equivalent work experience
- Minimum one (1) year of IT/network experience
- Minimum one (1) year of Information security operations
- Must be able to work the required schedule: Wed-Sat 4 AM - 3 PM
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand the English language to communicate with employees, customers, suppliers, in person, on the phone, and by written communications in a clear, straight-forward, and professional manner
- Position requires knowledge of network and system security vulnerabilities and exploits
- Must understand what is required to prevent security exploits, how to detect security attacks and anomalies and how to respond to security incidents and intrusions
- Basic knowledge of forensic methodologies and best practices to investigate intrusions, preserve evidence and coordinate a unified security response
- Must have demonstrated experience in managing information security events and incidents
- Demonstrated the ability to work across functional boundaries, build consensus and drive results
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills and should have good presentation skills
- Must be a problem solver, able to balance competing priorities, have a strong process orientation and be able to manage through complexity and rapid change
- Current security certifications, such as Network+, Security+, CCNA Security, Linux+
- Botnet and Denial of Service detection and remediation
- Ethical hacking and penetration testing
- Security Information and Event Management (SIEM)
- Experience in Enterprise Operations
- Support of 24x7 SOC
- Office Environment
- 24x7 Network operations support
Salaries depend on geography, experience, and education; negotiations begin at $55000
For more information on Spectrum’s benefits, please click here