Senior Manager, Transportation & Inbound Logistics
Sleep Number is looking for Senior Manager, Transportation & Inbound Logistics in Champlin, MN.
This local job opportunity with ID 856996672 is live since 2021-05-04 22:24:42.
Manages the comprehensive transportation process, systems and Inbound Logistics for Sleep Number. Responsible for all Inbound transportation including Import, and plant to distribution center freight. Responsibilities include developing and negotiating contracts, developing overall transportation and Inbound Logistics strategy, supporting Outbound Logistics, and managing a transportation department. The Sr. Manager will work with all sets of logistics processes and systems, manage an Inbound and Parcel spend budget of $40-50 million and have substantial latitude of decision making.
- Lead, direct and manages mode managers and analysts. To include hiring, training, evaluating performance, providing compensation recommendations, and determining disciplinary actions when necessary.
- Manages the comprehensive logistics process for inbound, and parcel freight; duties may include warehousing/distribution and fleet management.
- Leads the development and implementation of specialized logistics projects, such as information systems, alternative transportation methods, and other change management areas.
- Negotiates contracts to secure the safest, fastest and most efficient method of shipment based on geographic areas, market shifts, logistics movement, and various product offerings.
- Develops and implements logistics management strategies across multiple groups and regions.
- Utilizes analytics to identify efficiencies and cost savings initiatives through collaboration with the business, the supply chain and home delivery.
- Approves purchase requisitions based on product needs, contract requirements, and the volume and financial impact.
- Develops appropriate policies and procedures to ensure compliance with logistics management principles and practices and applicable laws, rules, and regulations; monitors compliance with these areas.
- Facilitates and manages logistics matters with other functional areas such as Sourcing, Product Development, Sales and Operations, including senior management.
- Reviews and develops a variety of projects, serves on management teams, develops reports and recommendations, and presents them to management as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business and/or supply chain
- 10+ years of professional logistics experience
- Managed domestic and international transportation services
- Managed complex logistics programs
- Negotiating and managing contracts
- TMS implementation
- Demonstrated ability to lead and develop team members and their processes.
- Demonstrated strong self-initiative, sense of urgency and customer relationship building skills
- Demonstrated a “hands-on” style and willingness to engage proactively with leaders
- Able to solve complex problems in a timely manner, implement programs, policies, and procedures
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Analyze and research functional and department information and determining actions
- Provide consultation and advice on logistics issues
- Act as champion and driver of projects – goal oriented
- Influencer and able to address conflict
- Excellent listening, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to present information (prepare reports, rationale and recommendations clearly and concisely)