DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Disassembles, inspects, measures, repairs, assembles, tests and troubleshoots landing gear assemblies and sub-assemblies.
- Tracks and maintains accountability for all issued equipment and materials required to perform essential elements of the job.
- Performs all work according to all applicable governmental, manufacturer, and company procedures.
- Develops continuous improvement ideas applicable to companywide processes and participates in working groups implementing those actions.
- Participates and works closely with others in a team environment to create a positive environment focused on quality and customer driven delivery expectations.
- Practices good housekeeping at all times.
- Ensures safety policies are followed and adhered to at all times.
- All other duties as required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- A minimum of two years' experience on repair and overhaul of landing gears.
- Ability to use measuring equipment to include calipers, micrometers, gauges, and digital multi-meters.
- Ability to read blueprints and drawings.
- Working knowledge of FAA repair, overhaul, and testing procedures.
- Able to lift, support and move 40 pounds.
- Familiarity of Lean/Sigma processes in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- A & P or Airman's Certificate desired.