Job Description: Associate Art Director – Amulet Books
ABRAMS is looking for Job Description: Associate Art Director – Amulet Books in New York, NY.
This local job opportunity with ID 971151764 is live since 2021-06-08 20:33:17.
Summary:The Associate Art Director will focus on the design and conceptualization of branded middle-grade series and chapter books.
- Oversee Amulet imprint with a focus on the middle-grade branded series
- Concept and design approximately 15-20 new titles per year.
- Manage Assistant Designer
- Define look and feel of branded middle grade series
- Create mood-boards for new projects providing a wide range of illustration talent to fulfill the needs of each project
- Have a strong list of illustrator contacts
- Scout, hire and art direct freelance designers.
- Work closely with editors, authors, designers and team to define the look and feel of each cover and series
- Minimum of 7-10 years of design experience in book publishing with a proven track record in the middle grade field
- Excellent organizational skills and keen attention to detail
- Experience and knowledge of series branding
- Experience working with high-profile authors
- Understanding of the commercial market and design trends of middle-grade series and commercial YA book covers
- Ability to manage multiple freelance designers and work with outside packagers
- Proficiency with current Adobe Design Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Motivated to learn, grow, research, solve problems, and work closely with team members
- Ability to communicate and collaborate with editors and other departments
- Desire to work closely within a team of other designers, editors, and production managers