A3 Smart Home is looking for Smart Home Security Technician in Tempe, AZ.
This local job opportunity with ID 973544780 is live since 2021-06-09 22:20:37.
We call our club's vision, mission, values, and supporting pillars "Our House" because they are the foundation for all that we do. We're working to transform AAA for the next century with a mission to create Members for life by unleashing the innovative spirit of our Team Members.
AAA recently acquired SafeGuard, the 11th largest smart home security company in the United States, with the vision to become the most trusted brand in this industry. Safeguard, has been Protecting Arizona families and businesses for over 50 years; we are Arizona's largest locally-operated security provider. With an A+ Better Business Bureau Ranking, we prove every day that we love being there for and helping our customers. We work hard to create an environment where you can thrive and use your skills and talents to help us deliver legendary Customer Service. You'll help positively impact every homeowner and the communities that we serve.
Why work for us?
Job Stability - Career Growth
Great Benefits - Medical/Dental/Vision
Retirement - 401k matching up to 4%
Work/Life Balance - PTO 3 Weeks + 9 paid holidays
This position is responsible for the installation, service, repair, maintenance, and upgrades of security systems for AAA Smart Home's new and existing customer base. This position is also responsible for converting compatible existing equipment to work with the Smart Home system. These services are critical for member experience and satisfaction. The Smart Home Pro III is customer facing and is responsible for consistently providing a positive member experience.
This is an advanced role so in addition to installation, service and conversions, this position is also responsible for expert knowledge in the ADC application (Alarm.com), assisting new hires with training, assisting peers with technical questions and assisting Team Leads with escalated calls and quality assurance site visits.
- Perform the duties of the job professionally while providing outstanding customer service
- Install or upgrade new low voltage security and home automation systems inclusive of cameras, thermostats, door locks and more
- Perform diagnostic evaluation of system issues and perform troubleshooting and repairs on low voltage security and home automation systems including cameras, thermostats, locks and more
- Operate a company vehicle safely while abiding by all traffic laws
- Identify and convert compatible existing equipment to work with the Smart Home system
- Train new Pros, on-the-job, on products offered, how to install/troubleshoot systems and how to effectively communicate with members
- Assist peers with technical questions
- Assist with escalations and conducts quality assurance site visits
- Evaluate member security needs, educate them on their security options and offer additional products and services to ensure the best coverage available in order to fit their needs
- Educate members about their recently installed/serviced equipment to ensure they understand it and can utilize it effectively. Walk members through how to use the mobile app
- Ensure that all administrative functions such as inventory, job notations, quality assurance, time keeping, and other functions are kept up to date
- Communicate quickly with the leadership team when issues arise or help is needed
- Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- 4 years of experience installing home security systems or a combination of experience and demonstrated skills/knowledge
- Two years in a customer service industry role, preferably customer facing
EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, COMPETENCIES, CERTIFICATIONS/LICENSES:
- High School diploma or GED
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to identify and convert existing Legacy equipment to AAA Smart Home system
- Ability to professionally resolve conflict/diffuse an upset customer
- Ability to communicate clearly, effectively and professionally at all times with team members and customers
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to use hand tools, laptop, and tablet
- Ability to perform Qolsys installs including life safety devices and smart home components
- Ability to perform 'takeover' of 2GIG, Vista, GE systems
- Advanced knowledge of low voltage systems
- Knowledge of wireless communication and troubleshooting
- Ability to safely drive and maintain company vehicle
- Some sales experience is desired
- Willingness to learn new technologies and skills
- Ability to obtain and maintain an Arizona Alarm Card
- Valid Arizona Driver's license and satisfactory 39 month Motor Vehicle Record
- Low voltage license/certification preferred but not required
WORKING ENVIRONMENT/ MINIMUM PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
This position includes primarily field work. Physical requirements include standing, sitting, bending, lifting, and climbing. Lifting will include up to 40 pounds. Extensive use of a personal computer or tablet is required. Use of hand and power tools is required on occasion.