Santander Consumer is looking for Collections Manager - Early Stage in Mesa, AZ.
This local job opportunity with ID 29769327 is live since 03/28/2019.
Job Family: Business Operations
Responsible for the day-to-day operations of the company's business units. Aims to deliver superior service to clients by driving and optimizing the effectiveness and efficiency of people, processes and technology thereby enhancing financial performance, increasing investment capacity, and managing risk. Builds the sustainable repeatable capabilities that support delivery of the highest standards of service and execution. Analyzes and reviews data tools, business processes and operational standards to execute service delivery. Evaluates and ensures that operations meet company objectives, business needs, service agreements and relevant requirements. Researches and monitors external landscape to identify developments and translate them into operational implications for the company.
Job Function: Auto Loan & Lease Collections
Accountable for the day-to-day support of consumer loan and lease accounts in all stages and statuses in order to ensure that payments are received in a timely manner and to minimize losses. Ensures adherence to internal policy and external regulations. Supports respectful customer experiences throughout life of loan.
Summary of Responsibilities:
The Manger, Auto Loan & Lease Collections is responsible for ensuring a high level of customer service throughout the team's collections efforts. The goal of the team is to protect our stakeholders while finding the right solutions for customers who are having financial difficulty. The incumbent works to reduce financial Risk and manages performance, staffing, efficiency, quality, process, compliance, and elements of strategy.
- Oversees day-to-day collections operations.
- Achieves KPI’s for collections on past due loans.
- Supports compliance efforts by creating processes to meet all regulatory requirements
- Manage resources to effectively handle volume in real-time (scheduling, blending dialer utilization, etc.)
- Supports Quality Assurance efforts with solid training, coaching, and personal development of your team
- Performs additional functions and/or stretch assignments as delegated
- Creates individual strategies to improve the performance of the Collections Team.
- Recommends & establishes efficient processes to obtain collection goals, including costs
- Recommends reporting to ensure productivity goals and strategy can be measured
- Documents employee activity including attendance, training, and other employee-related issues.
- Recommends improvements and takes necessary actions to make updates to policies, procedures as needed to ensure an effective team.
- Trains and helps develop staff to written standard based on subject matter expertise.
- Manages the processing of all incoming work, and oversee subordinate staff members, all in an accurate and timely manner.
- Runs performance reports related to budget, process performance.
- Monitors associates’ calling queues and volume to ensure accounts are worked according to business strategy and within Quality Assurance guidelines.
- Demonstrates situational awareness with a strong sense of urgency by responding immediately to escalated issues and rapidly changing priorities.
- Operates within established budget.
- Monitors electronic time keeping system for all direct reports to ensure integrity as well as resolves issues such as missed punches, overtime, and PTO prior to the end of each payroll cycle.
- Identifies, minimizes, and escalates risk where appropriate.
- Monitors and resolves high-risk accounts.
- Compiles and analyzes statistical data relative to productivity.
- Provides oversight and assistance in the management of 3rd party vendors and service providers for Consumer Operations.
- Reviews action of control and exception reports and ensures breaks are researched and resolved per agreed department standards. For unresolved items, provides detailed commentary and explanations for discrepancies including estimated time frames for resolution.
- Discusses and reviews call/account and/or collection activity regularly with staff to ensure practices in accordance with all state and federal laws.
- Directly supervises, trains, and develops staff in customer service and collection skills and competencies to maximize productivity, the potential of collecting delinquent accounts, and providing one call resolution.
- Other duties as assigned.
Manages subordinate managers and professional staff. Is responsible for the strategic guidance, development and evaluation of employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with Santander’s policies and applicable laws.
- Education -
- Bachelor's Degree: Business, Finance, Economics, or equivalent degree.
- or equivalent work experience
- Experience -
- 5-9 years Auto finance industry experience.
- Skills & Abilities -
- Must have a working knowledge of Automobile Lease and Commercial rules, regulations and collection policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated leadership and management skills, including training and mentoring skills to coach the staff.
- Excellent communication, negotiation, sales and closing skills a must.
- Strong industry/product knowledge.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong computer skills - Internet , Word, Excel
- Strong leadership/management skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to multi-task and meet strict deadlines.
- Ability to lead, influence and direct peers, subordinates and management.
- Ability to interact with senior level management; experience interfacing with multiple levels of the organizational structure.
- Ability to convey a sense or urgency and drive.
- Self-directed, self-motivated and demonstrated experience providing ideas and solutions to further business understanding.
- Superior analytical, problem-solving and organizational skills
- Exceptional critical thinking, problem solving, decision-making, and influencing skills
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, personal ownership and drive towards results
- Demonstrated ability to establish and enhance processes to improve business results
- Proven ability to leverage technology in business operations
- Frequently: Minimal physical effort such as sitting, standing, and walking.
- Occasional moving and lifting of equipment and furniture is required to support onsite and offsite meeting setup and teardown.
- Physically capable of lifting up to fifty pounds, able to bend, kneel, climb ladders.
- This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description.
- The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.