ICONMA LLC is looking for Senior Database Administrator in San Francisco, CA.
This local job opportunity with ID 33799364 is live since 03/19/2019.Senior Database Administrator
Location: San Francisco, CA
Duration: Fulltime Basic Function:
The Senior Database Administrator provides leadership and overall guidance for the selection, design, implementation and on-going operation of client s information system databases. The position is responsible for planning and coordinating the design, installation and operational support of database systems to ensure stable operation and performance. This includes engaging with other infrastructure staff, development staff and/or consultants in developing, configuring, maintaining, supporting and optimizing databases and their associated server infrastructure. Teamwork Responsibilities:
- Relies on experience and judgment to perform the functions of the job and accomplish goals. Consistently and effectively applies knowledge and expertise to perform complex assignments autonomously and with proficiency. Works with minimal supervision; using a wide-degree of creativity and latitude.
- Works tirelessly to create a workplace culture that is consistent with the overall organization's and that emphasizes the identified mission, vision, guiding principles and values of the organization.
- Maintains transparent communication. Appropriately communicating information through team meetings, and appropriate email, IM and regular interpersonal and professional communication.
- Serves as the backbone of the team; establishes common goals, sets up work sessions and holds meetings to foster continued attention on goal advancement.
- Fosters a spirit of teamwork and unity among team members that allows for disagreement over ideas, conflict and expeditious conflict resolution, and the appreciation of diversity as well as cohesiveness, supportiveness and working effectively together.
- Provides a source of creative energy; continuously thinks about and introduces new concepts and fresh ideas to maintain forward-moving energy.
- Injects a sense of pragmatism and levelheadedness for the team, conducts reality checks when needed, to help the team succeed and work proactively.
- Delegates the responsibilities (tasks, duties and/or obligations) for which team members will be accountable when they assume, or are assigned to, a role on a project or team.
- Brings a can-do attitude that can keep the team on track to accomplish goals, even amid the toughest and most difficult times, and maintains the overall morale and productivity of the group.
- Facilitates discussions and brainstorming for ideas to improve the efficient functioning of the team and precisely logs and disseminates essential information regarding the results of these activities.
- Is a service excellence advocate; cultivates relationships external to the team, networks with other teams and uses diplomacy to achieve win-win solutions.
- Drives the team to meet the organization's expectations for productivity, quality and goal accomplishment. Qualifications:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability generally required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Experience: Expert knowledge and technical understanding of the design, implementation and continued operation of database and system technologies; professional certification (e. g. Certified Architect Specialist [CITA-S], The Open Group Certified IT Architect, MCSE Data Platform or BI, MCTS, MCITP, MVP) are advantageous and strongly desired. Advanced knowledge and experience in managing and delivering complex database projects that involve vendor(s), business users and internal IT team(s) working together collectively to deliver results. Minimum 5 years of experience with database technologies, controls and processes; combining analysis, design, implementation and support.
- Education: Bachelor s degree preferred; a combination of additional certifications / experience may be used in lieu of a degree.
- Language: Ability to read and interpret documents such as laws, regulations, security standards, safety rules, operating/maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Math: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Reasoning: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Computer: Advanced knowledge of Microsoft word processing software; Microsoft spreadsheet software; and be proficient on applicable databases, systems and vendor software programs.
- Technical: Expert with technologies such as Microsoft Windows operating system(s), Microsoft SQL databases, etc.; advanced ability to information and provide guidance to system owners and stakeholders; strong knowledge of office operations, workflow analysis, inventory management, data entry and file management. Technical expertise needs to encompass, and be demonstrated across, the following technical dimensions:
?Troubleshooting and resolving database problems.
?Database backups, restores and recovery models
?Indexes, index management and statistics
?Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO), using native monitoring and third-party tools (e. g. Idera, SolarWinds, Toad, etc.)
?Operational automation using scripts
?SSIS, SSRS and SSAS
?High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for MS SQL Server
?Windows server, including Active Directory, and proper disk configurations.