The Fitness Manager (FM) ensures that the club delivers a high quality fitness experience to all members.
* Responsible for communicating and upholding company standards and leading by example for delivering the Employer Service Promise; manage a clean, friendly and well maintained club.
* Ensure that team members consistently execute the basics in punctuality, dress code compliance, friendliness and cleanliness.
* Hires, trains and develops a strong team of Personal Trainers.
* Responsible for the successful attainment of department targets, including revenue and member retention.
* Point of reference for fitness expertise within the Club.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Staffing and Development
* Conduct weekly (or as-needed) meetings with direct reports to review performance and offer direction, motivation and guidance toward achieving individual and company goals.
* Manage the Personal Trainer schedule.
* Mediates club employee relations matters for all club fitness employees.
* Ensure that all club members have access to a highly trained and professional fitness staff able to provide fitness counseling, training and programs within Employer standards.
* Ensure that all Personal Trainers are delivering high quality programs to their clients.
* Ensure accurate administration of Personal Training including client files, measurement tracking, and workout programs.
* Regularly train staff on industry updates and coaches personal trainers to be continually successful to ensure that all clients are trained professionally.
* Direct selling, including achievement of personal monthly sales quotas.
* Conduct personal training sessions as necessary.
Certifications / Education Level
* High School Diploma or GED required
* Bachelor's Degree preferred
* At least one National Certification
* Current Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and Automated External
* 1-2 years as a Personal Trainer preferred.
* Prior management experience in retail/hospitality industry leading 3-10 employees (preferred).
* Consultative sales experience (preferred).