MemorialCare Health System is looking for Benefits Specialist in Fountain Valley, CA.
This local job opportunity with ID 56588797 is live since 08/26/2019.
Job Details Company Overview
This position works under the general direction of the MHS Executive Director of Benefits, this position is responsible for administering benefits programs, such as medical, dental, vision, group Life/AD & D and retirement plans. Coordinates procedures to initiate employee's benefits, ensures documentation and benefit forms (electronic and printed) are completed and submitted within time limits. Responsible for answering employee calls coming through the Benefits Service Center, resolving benefits-related issues, ensure calls are tracked and prioritized accordingly. Assists in the administration of leaves of absence activities in accordance with company policy, federal and state laws. Verifies the calculation of the monthly premium statements for insurance products. Implements new benefit programs; arranges and conducts employee presentations and enrollments. May review claims information as assigned. May assist in resolving employee issues with carrier representatives. Assist in the preparation of reports and online material for employees, administration and regulatory agencies. Ability to grow and expand knowledgebase. Provide support and respond to employee questions regarding LOAs, Worker's Comp, STD and LTD. Performs other duties as assigned or requested.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities of the Job
- Serve as employee resource for employee benefit plans, procedures,issues and needs
- Interpret and apply benefit policies and procedures.
- Answer all incoming calls received through the Benefits Service Centerin a timely manner, provide follow-up calls, letters or email when necessary
- Accurately input allbenefit data into electronic database systems (i.e., ADP, PeopleSoft) and runreports as needed.
- Resolve benefits-related employee issues using electronic databases(i.e., ADP, PeopleSoft)
- Interact with carrier representatives and third-party administrator(s),as needed.
- Document calls and how it was resolved
- Update and maintain all benefit informational materials.
- Ensure compliancewith benefits and leave related company policies, federal and state laws
- Accurately process employeebenefits while employee is on a leave of absence, coordinate data from variousinformation systems to monitor and proactively manage such benefits.
- Responsible forpremium collection while an employee is on a leave of absence.
- Work closely withlocal HRs to identify opportunities to ensure timely return of employees towork.
- Counsels employees /management on leave of absence policies and procedures to ensure employees haveappropriate information to make informed choices regarding leave of absence,specifically how it impacts their employee benefits (if any)
- Review and process monthly premium billings for various insuranceproducts.
- Will assist in planning and coordinating Annual Benefits Fair and OpenEnrollment.
- Attend and participate in appropriate campus and department specificcommittee meetings.
- Minimum two to three years prior benefits and/or human resources experience, preferably in a healthcare setting. Have a combination of education and experience that demonstrates knowledge in benefits administration.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office package.
- Knowledge of PeopleSoft or other HRIS databases.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Knowledge of health, retirement, insurance and leave of absence benefit policies and procedures, ability to resolve problems
- Knowledge of State and Federal regulations, read and interpret such laws as they apply to benefit plans
- Excellent customer service skills. Ability to communicate effectively
- Utilization of HRIS (PeopleSoft) or Benefits system(s) to effectively administer and communicate all MHS benefit plans and procedures.
- Answer questions and recommend effective actions when addressing employees via Benefits Call Center, able to patiently provide explanation repeatedly.
- Greet and respond to all employees in a pleasant manner according to the MHS Customer Service Standard
High School graduate required. Associate degree or two year of collegepreferred. CEBS designation desired.
Job: United States-California-Fountain Valley
Job Posting: Staff
Human Resources Information System (Hris)