Amgen is looking for Senior Data Scientist - Thousand Oaks in Thousand Oaks, CA.
This local job opportunity with ID 63872267 is live since 10/21/2019.
Amgen is seeking an experienced Senior Data Scientist who will be based at our Thousand Oaks, CA global headquarters to join our R&D Compliance Analytics & Insights (CAI) team.
The focus of the CAI is to advance the utilization of data through leveraging evolving analytics and machine learning techniques to unlock actionable insights. The CAI accomplishes this by supplying solutions that efficiently provide insights and intelligence to stakeholders in the Quality, Compliance, Audit, Learning & Performance (QCAL&P) organization as well as broader R&D functions. This includes data management and application of appropriate analysis tools to unlock actionable insights. A core component of the CAI is to ensure effectiveness of the Quality Management System by analyzing data to identify signals that should be further investigated.
Primary Responsibilities for the Senior Data Scientist include:
- Leading and participating with cross functional teams, projects and programs to systematically integrate data, derive meaningful insights and automate processes to address business challenges.
- Leading ideation and design sessions that enable business and quality system process owners to identify pain points and use cases where actionable insights from the data can effectively address business challenges and enhance productivity.
- Leading efforts to sustain and improve existing capabilities while fomenting innovative approaches to efficiently achieve organizational objectives.
- Leading and executing data science projects to deliver business value from external and internal structured/semi-structured/unstructured data.
- Leading stakeholder engagements to translate concepts and ideas into operational solutions.
- Championing architecting and coding sessions to deliver data science-based solutions.
- Engaging in proactive outreach to other Data Science experts within and outside the company/industry to build partnerships and cross pollinate ideas that foster innovations to advance the practice of Quality, Compliance, Audit and Learning & Performance.
Doctorate degree and 2 years of applied experience in Data Science and/or a related field
Master's degree and 6 years of applied experience in Data Science and/or a related field
Bachelor's degree and 8 years of applied experience in Data Science and/or a related field
Associate's degree and 10 years of applied experience in Data Science and/or a related field
High school diploma / GED and 12 years of applied experience in Data Science and/or a related field
- Demonstrated experience with a variety of data analysis and modeling methods with focused application in business related and text heavy data.
- Proficient in SQL and Python and/or R.
- Familiarity and background with biotechnology processes, systems and regulatory requirements.
- Strong statistics and programming background, preferably with NLP.
- Familiarity with Scrum methodology and good software management practices.
- Strong communication skills with proven experience engaging directly with clients in developing data science, machine learning and other related solutions.
- Seasoned professional with experience bringing clarity and definition to ambiguous and undefined challenges/opportunities.
- Self-motivated and organized with strong project management skills to lead matrix teams.
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.