Pharmacyclics, an Abbvie Company is looking for Administrative Assistant, Global Development Operations in Sunnyvale, CA.
This local job opportunity with ID 11118115 is live since 11/01/2018.
Pharmacyclics is committed to the development and commercialization of novel therapies intended to improve the quality and duration of life and to resolve serious unmet medical needs for cancer patients. Pharmacyclics is a wholly-owned subsidiary of AbbVie (NYSE:ABBV), a global, research-based biopharmaceutical company. Oncology is a key therapeutic area for AbbVie, with a portfolio consisting of three marketed products and a pipeline containing multiple promising new molecules that are being studied in more than 200 clinical trials for over 20 different types of cancer.
More than 1,200 Pharmacyclics and AbbVie research scientists, clinicians, marketing, operations and corporate professionals work in the San Francisco Bay Area. They combine their expertise in immuno-oncology, stem cells, and cell-signaling with their knowledge of bispecific antibodies, antibody-drug conjugates (ADCs), and covalent-inhibitor technologies to discover and develop novel cancer treatments. Together, we are striving to outsmart cancer.
To learn more about us, please visit us at http://www.pharmacyclics.com/ General Position Summary/Purpose:
Provide administrative support to Clinical Operations and their teams. Key Accountabilities/Core Job Responsibilities:
- Coordinates calendars for each director, schedules appointments, ensuring all parties are informed of and kept abreast of schedules.
- Coordinates meetings on-site and off-site including but not limited to preparing and distributing agendas and other meeting materials.
- Reserving and preparing facilities, making business arrangements, recording and transcribing meeting minutes, arranging catering, teleconferences and webcasts as necessary.
- Proactively establishes and maintains highly organized filing system; files correspondence and other records.
- Coordinates travel arrangements; completes expense reports and processes invoices; ensures that correct account codes are used and required signatures obtained.
- Attends meetings and other functions as needed.
- Types and distributes professional correspondence and memoranda, E-mails and faxes as assigned.
- Assists with special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrates professionalism in dealing with confidential and sensitive issues.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams and committees.
- Serves as a back-up to other admins in the Department and works in tandem with other administrative assistants.
- Associate's Degree (A.A.) or equivalent work experience, Bachelor's degree preferred.
- 5-10 years related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient on Microsoft Suite (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Attention to detail and professional demeanor.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Ability to deal effectively with a diversity of individuals at all organizational levels.
- Creative, flexible, and innovative team player.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills; able to manage priorities and workflow.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams and committees, and to deal with a diversity of individuals at all organizational levels.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and organize projects.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled