Benchmark’s company culture is central toour management philosophy. The company’s stated purpose is “to provide an entrepreneurial environment where determined people dare to create, share, and build futures.
To be the “benchmark” by which all others are judged takes passion, courage, and dedication. We invite you to explore our extraordinary offering of unique opportunities, all with a common goal of providing an unforgettable journey.
Job Description Summary:The Executive Housekeeper is responsible for providing for the comfort and cleanliness of property guests, visitors and employees. The Executive Housekeeper also works in establishing standards of service and cleanliness and interprets these standards to employees through training and standards of performance evaluations.
KNOWLEDGE, TRAINING, & WORK EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or equivalent.
Four-year college degree or equivalent business experience.
Five years experience in a similar position.
Ability to communicate effectively.
Knowledge of cleaning equipment and cleaning chemicals.
1. Assign, train and direct the staff to carry out the basic program as set up and design such to give the maximum efficiency in performance, maintaining the policies and standards of the property.
2. Maintain guest rooms and public areas in a clean, comfortable and saleable condition, including heart of the house areas.
3. Coordinate with the Front Office to review occupancy levels and staff labor accordingly.
4. Maintain a room history journal-detailing inventory, major maintenance and repairs, renovations and general cleaning.
5. Supervise inventory system for supplies and equipment and establish reorder levels; keep repair records for equipment.
6. Maintain records of linen usage and compare to occupancy levels. Review linen inventory and oversee laundry operations.
7. Test and evaluate cleaning supplies and equipment.
8. Coordinate supplies and equipment through requisition system and the Purchasing Department.
9. Meet with vendors and contractors to learn about new products and services offered.
10. Establish and supervise system of controls to ensure that maximum standards of service are maintained.
11. Prepare an annual budget outline for capital expenditures for the Housekeeping Department.
12. Consult with Director of Rooms on renovation program.
13. Remain alert, courteous and helpful to guests at all times.