Shire Pharmaceuticals is looking for Executive Sales Specialist-Inland Empire, CA. in Sacramento, CA.
This local job opportunity with ID 11118109 is live since 07/23/2018.
The Executive Sales Specialist/Representative will promote approved products in the assigned therapeutic area portfolio to prescribing HCPs in assigned territory.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with target HCPs.
- Deliver MLR approved, education-focused messages, as well as the assigned therapeutic area disease-state information to target HCPs.
Business Planning/Execution 100%
- Enhance HCP awareness of Shire products clinical data, safety & efficacy.
- Equip HCPs with appropriate tools to facilitate a robust conversation, enabling them to teach their patients about the assigned therapeutic area.
- Build HCP knowledge and confidence in identifying treatment gaps in all domains.
- Increase awareness of the assigned therapeutic area, and help HCP identify treatment gaps in diagnosed patients.
- Expected to achieve call activity and adherence targets; as well as financial goals for assigned territory.
Education & Experience Requirements
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in a scientific field.
- Minimum five years of pharmaceutical sales experience or equivalent are required.
- Minimum five years of specialty pharmaceutical experience or equivalent required, preferably in the assigned therapeutic area.
- Must have demonstrated knowledge and understanding of healthcare institutions and commercial managed care; experience selling within healthcare institutions preferred.
Key Skills and Competencies
Builds and Leverages Relationships
Partner with internal and external stakeholders to share knowledge and influence outcomes
- The Executive Sales Specialist/Representative creates networks with customers and colleagues in own area of expertise.
Demonstrates Business Acumen
Leverage critical data and build business plans to drive performance
- The Executive Sales Specialist/Representative has full knowledge of industry practices and how it affects impacted customers at Shire; influences across their territory.
Applies Selling Skills
Articulate a customized customer value proposition and influence key decision makers
- The Executive Sales Specialist/Representative tailors the selling model- demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques.
Drives Results and Execution
Set challenging objectives and raise the bar on performance to achieve results
- The Executive Sales Specialist/Representative goes beyond company goals and creates customized objectives for the territory - participates in determining objectives of assignment.
Supporting the Regulatory Environment
Ensuring business is conducted within appropriate medical, legal, regulatory and compliance guidelines; ensuring the utmost integrity in all business dealing.Other Job Components
Complexity and Problem Solving
Items listed under “Primary Roles and Responsibilities” are under the authority of the Specialist. Adjusts approach as appropriate and within compliance and MLR guidelines; consult with Regional Leader or Director, on more complex issues. Understands and navigates complete customer and industry environments.
Internal and External Contacts
Collaborates with all direct and indirect leadership on sales and marketing initiatives. Collaborates with other field based colleagues and field sales trainers.
Continuous market based travel required.