First American is looking for Territory Sales Manager in Los Angeles, CA.
This local job opportunity with ID 11118166 is live since 08/02/2018.
Join our team! As a global leader in providing title insurance, settlement services and risk solutions for real estate transactions, First American Financial Corporation (NYSE: FAF) is an ideal place to build your career. We have been entrusted with helping our customers achieve and protect their dream of homeownership since 1889. As a member of the First American family of companies, First American Property and Casualty specializes in four major types of insurance: Homeowners, Dwelling Fire, Condominium, Renter’s and Flood. We believe that our people are the key to the company’s continued success. Because our employees enable our future, we invest in theirs by supporting their careers and promoting their overall wellbeing. First American has created an award-winning culture and has been named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® 2018 list for the third consecutive year and to more than 50 regional Best Places to Work lists. For more information, visit www.FAPCIG.com.
The Territory Sales Manager (TSM) manages assigned territory to increase market share, meet specific revenue and long – term strategic objectives of the Company. As primary interface to the customer, has ultimate responsibility for driving sales by managing existing accounts, prospecting new accounts, coordinating action plans with multiple internal and external entities. Job duties include sales, business development and service. Must manage implementation activities and ongoing training to clients, based on strong knowledge of client business requirements and product knowledge.
Position is remote. Ideal candidate will reside in Los Angles county - territory will encompass Los Angeles and surrounding counties.
- Effectively manage assigned territory to include fostering agency partner relationships, product distribution, new business goals, profitability, compliance, agency training and expense management
- Proactively create calendar of events and office visits 2-4 weeks in advance
- Build a territory business plan specifying the marketing, prospecting, and sales strategy for the territory to ensure profitable growth goals are attained
- Schedule 10-16 agency visits per week to promote First American insurance products, guidelines and appetite for business. Complete agency visit reports to document discussions, training, growth and profitability opportunities, etc.
- Create and present annual marketing plans to grow the territory and meet established sales, retention, and loss metrics
- Report on activities, industry trends, and competitor trends
- Coordinate all facets of agent interface and marketing related to attending industry events and trade shows
- Provide agency feedback and recommendations to internal leadership, related to Underwriting, Product, Customer Service and Claims
- Commit to professional growth and development by attending and engaging in industry events &/or continuing education workshops
Knowledge and Skills/Technology Used
- Proven success in establishing and executing plans, meeting or exceeding goals and ability to establish professional relationships
- Strong Microsoft Office skills with an emphasis on Excel in order to analyze data and maneuver through complex reports to facilitate agency business discussions as well as internal discussions
- Work independently, able to assess workload and plan accordingly to meet deadlines
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Public speaking skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Insurance related designations preferred
Typical Range of Experience
- 5+ years of related experience
First American invests in its employee’s development and well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work. First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer. For more information about our Company and our dedication to putting People First, check out firstam.com/careers.