270 Strategies is looking for National Organizing Director in Chicago, IL.
This local job opportunity with ID 33434854 is live since 05/01/2019.
Employer is building a team of Organizers who believe that renewable energy is the future of sustainable growth in America. Wind and solar generation provide clean energy for families and businesses across the country, and offer jobs and economic opportunities in our rural communities. But there are forces working against progress - people who prefer the status quo. Our Organizers will be at the front lines pushing back against those forces; they will build local support for renewable energy and ensure wind and solar projects successfully move through local permitting processes. We re looking for a National Organizing Manager who will manage those Organizers and take the lead in planning local and regional advocacy campaigns with a broad team of stakeholders. The majority of these campaigns will be based in rural or ex-urban communities, so experience organizing or leading teams outside of urban centers is a must. The National Organizing Manager will be based in Chicago, but should expect to spend up to two weeks a month in the field with Organizers.
The National Organizing Manager will:
- Develop state and locally-specific advocacy plans in collaboration with the Employer team, local Organizers, and client representatives in the head office and on the ground
- Remotely manage, coach, and train a team of at least 6-8 Organizers
- Set weekly and monthly benchmarks and metrics for each Organizer
- Monitor progress-to-goal and recommend strategic adjustments when needed
- Create and adapt materials, trainings, and tools to support Organizer work
- Spend time on the ground to build relationships, jointly plan, and coach and train
- Organizers and other local client staffEnsure consistent communication and collaboration with the 270 team and the client
You might be a good fit if you:
- Believe wind and solar energy provide a critical economic and environmental advantage to communities across the country
- Have planned and managed a multi-state advocacy campaign
- Are adept at using data and analytics to drive decision making, program development, and messaging
- Are mission-driven - you understand the big picture, set clear goals for yourself and your team, and effectively hold all accountable to meeting those goals
- Have experience organizing in rural and ex-urban communities, and understand the unique challenges Organizers will face
- Are as comfortable at the 4H Fair as you are talking to a politician or reporter
- Have experience remotely managing high-performing teams
- Are committed to coaching and training the next generation of Organizers
- Have excellent PowerPoint and Excel (or Google Sheets and Slides) skills
We named our firm 270 for the number of electoral votes required to win the White House. The team at Employer includes key leadership from across the Obama organization and we constantly hustle for that presidential-level work. Our sweet spot is helping organizations engage everyday people in their work. We find people who care about the same things our clients do whether they have common values or common goals and help move them to action. We believe in the power of organizing, both online and offline and we help our clients build engagement strategies that prioritize the experience of their target audience and connect with them in a meaningful way. Employer is committed to diversity among its staff, and recognizes that its continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff that provides the best quality services to clients and constituents. Employer is an equal opportunity employer and it is Employer policy to recruit, hire, train, promote, and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, ethnic identity or physical disability, or any other legally protected basis.