Employer is seeking qualified candidates for the role of Project Wise Systems Administrator (Senior) in support of the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) – Information Technology (IT) ProjectWise requirements.
The Army Corps of Engineers – Information Technology (ACE-IT) provides secure enterprise-wide IT and information management support services to more than 37,000 USACE end users located throughout the Continental U.S. (CONUS) and outside the Continental U.S. (OCONUS). ACE-IT is the enterprise IT service delivery team for the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, supporting mission requirements using a site-specific support model aligned along the USACE Regional Business Centers.
ACE-IT provides direct on-site command and control, coordination, planning, and operations and maintenance support for routine and emergency IT services. Employer is actively seeking personnel to support USACE headquarters locations in the St Louis District and virtual positions.
The Project Wise System Administrator is located in Rock Island IL or virtual. Under general supervision, responsible for installing, configuring, and maintaining operating system workstations and servers, including web servers, in support of business processing requirements. Supports USACE ProjectWise implementation. Performs software installations and upgrades to operating systems and layered software packages. Schedules installations and upgrades and maintains them in accordance with established IT policies and procedures. Monitors and tunes the system to achieve optimum performance levels. Ensures workstation/server data integrity by evaluating, implementing, and managing appropriate software and hardware solutions. Ensures data/media recoverability by implementing a schedule of system backups and database archive operations. Supports media management through internal methods and procedures or through offsite storage and retrieval services. Develops and promotes standard operating procedures. Conducts routine hardware and software audits of workstations, servers, and network equipment to ensure compliance with established standards, policies, and configuration guidelines. Develops and maintains a comprehensive operating system hardware and software configuration database/library of all supporting documentation.
Responsible for the administration, troubleshooting and maintenance of the division level servers. Oversees system backups, hardware/software installation and upgrades.
• Supports Enterprise ProjectWise Centralization and Planning for Document Management
• Provides Public facing ProjectWise Development and support
• Conducts Bentley Software Rationalization efforts
• Provides engineering software support and administration
• Supports Bentley Product Software licensing consolidation
• Provides reach-back ProjectWise support and administration
• Provides District File Management support and administration
• Responsible for District Records Management support
• Conducts OS deployment testing
• Conducts software testing and migration planning
• Provides Knowledge Management support
• Provides Network and PC support
• Provides ProjectWise support, deployment, upgrades, and development
• Develops Data Backup Requirements
• Supports Terminal Server development for use with the GIS and Water Managent/Hydraulics and hydrology groups
• Supports Riverbed deployment to assist field sites with latency issues
• Develops the next Schema for ProjectWise Collaboration model
• Provides Baseline Product version deployment planning for Bentley Products
• Provides support to the district for issues related to the execution of Engineering or GIS design work regarding PC, network or server issues.
Bachelors degree from accredited university/college in IT or related field. One year related experience may be substituted for one year of education.
This position requires DoDI 8570.01-M IAT Level II certification and corresponding Computing Environment certification.
At least 8-12 years of practical experience working with Windows Server and Active Directory.
Understanding of basic security principles and their application to an Active Directory Environment.
Must be able to work rotating shift schedules which provide 24 hour/7 day coverage.