Employer offers its knowledge and expertise over a wide area of cutting-edge energy technologies and independent oversight, combined with proven business acumen. Building our work for publicly and privately-owned utilities, financial institutions and local governments, we are able to provide our clients with business insight into all sectors of the infrastructure industry.
We are seeking a Senior Transmission Line Engineer in our Chicago, IL office who will work as a member of a dynamic team working in a fast paced environment, solving challenging problems involved with extra high voltage electric transmission line design.
The successful candidate will serve as a Lead Engineer on electric transmission design projects for high-voltage (HV) and extra high-voltage (EHV) overhead utility systems. He/she will apply NESC, NEC, ASCE and other applicable standards in the engineering and design of electrical overhead, voltage conversion projects, new capacity projects and infrastructure replacement projects. Additionally, he/she will assist the team as well as independently perform: engineering analyses, prepare bidding documents, plans and specifications; as well as prepare material procurement and construction documents, and work with project planning, environmental, permitting, and construction management.
The position offers the successful candidate to develop an engineering team with direct report responsibilities. The candidate will also be responsible for managing client relations, proposal development, scope creation, and project management.
• 12+ years of relevant experience in the design of electric utility transmission systems
• B.S. degree in Electrical/Civil Engineering
• M.S. degree in Structural Engineering (preferred)
• Professional Engineering Registration (NCEES Record preferred)
Desired Skills and Attributes:
• Work effectively in team environment; can also work independently
• Proven ability to communicate with clients and project teams
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Work in client office is a possibility and/or periodic travel may be required
• Ability to develop staff through mentoring
• Capability to review engineering calculations including PLS-CADD models.
• Knowledge of NESC code requirements, construction cost estimating, specification, material procurement process, project schedule creation, and construction work packages.
• PLS-CADD, POLE, and TOWER
• Microsoft Office products
• Autodesk AutoCAD
• Bentley Microstation
• Bentley Projectwise
• ESRI ArcGIS Programs
• Microsoft SharePoint