CDM Smith is looking for Senior Compensation Specialist in Boston, MA.
This local job opportunity with ID 56583384 is live since 08/26/2019.
Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Date Posted: 8/20/2019
Category: Human Resources
Job Code: 24170BR
CDM Smith is looking for a Senior Compensation Specialist to join our team in Boston, MA. We are looking for a senior specialist to develop, implement and administer Total Rewards (i.e., compensation) programs and incentive practices; provides guidance and assistance to management and HR team members (i.e., HR Business Partners) in and serves as a lead compensation point of contact to designated business units and/or functional groups.
- Serves and performs advisory and day-to-day compensation direction. Reviews and processes planned and off cycle salary actions. Assists in the development of salary structures, annual budgets and matrices. Providing advice and collaborates with managers and leaders in the firm using sound compensation theory in the design and development of compensation programs and incentive practices.
- Partners with HR Colleagues (Total Rewards, HRBPs and Human Resource Information System team (HRIS)) to ensure integrity of data. Interprets applicable laws regulating compensation practices.
- Assists in compensation strategy planning and individual projects. Consults and partners with Human Resources staff, managers and employees to provide advice and deliver information on organizational design, restructuring, job evaluations, salary administration, merit planning issues and other compensation issues.
- Participates in salary surveys and analyzes results. Maintains database of survey data for analyzing market competitiveness to internal positions as needed.
- Analyzes jobs and writes job descriptions based on interviews and materials obtained from incumbents and supervisors. Applies job evaluation techniques to evaluate jobs and determines salary grade. Creates & maintain job codes. Establishes equitable pay rates for new hires and other staff.
- Investigates and recommends resolution on classification questions and Fair Labor Standard Act (FLSA) exemptions. Audits existing or proposed job classifications to obtain information regarding responsibilities, activities, duties and FLSA exemption requirements.
- Leads special compensation related projects. Prepares reports and analysis to review compensation issues, extracting and manipulating data as necessary from HRIS.
- Assists in the communication of compensation philosophy, performance appraisal/salary review process and incentive programs, as needed.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge and competency level of contemporary issues, practices, regulations, and systems applications within compensation and human resources.
- Participates in the design and development of automation tools to improve the speed, efficiency and quality of compensation information available to employees and managers.
- Bachelor's Degree, preferably in Human resources, finance, business, mathematics, accounting or related discipline.
- Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) designation preferred
- Five (5) years of relevant compensation experience with continued professional development preferred.
- Willingness to travel on occasion domestically or internationally
We attract the best people in the industry, supporting their efforts to learn and grow. We strive to create a challenging and progressive work environment. We provide career opportunities that span a variety of disciplines and geographic locations, with projects that our employees plan, design, build and operate as diverse as the needs of our clients. CDM Smith is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Position Type: Full-Time Permanent
Years of Experience Required:
Contact Name: CDM Smith
Company: CDM Smith