Global Information Grid (GIG) Service Management-Operations (GSM-O), a Defense and Intelligence Group of Employer has an opening for a Cyber Defense Mission Analyst at JFHQ-DODIN at Ft. Meade, MD.
The Cyber Defense Mission Analyst will support the analysis of software/hardware vulnerabilities and the impact those vulnerabilities will have to DoD systems use this expertise to identify priority level for vulnerability fix actions and contribute to the mitigation strategies that can be implemented prior to the release of a vendor fix action.
· Access and modify Joint Incident Management System (JIMS), Cyber Situational Awareness Analytical Cloud (CSAAC) analysis database, and other reporting resources or like systems to provide trending data for immediate to short-term cyber incident trends across the DODIN.
· Communicate (written and oral) with CC/S/A/FAs concerning CVM compliance status including their current status, POA&M, technical requirements for their systems, policy and program details and changes. Consume and analyze operational reporting from cyber organizations; prepare and deliver situational awareness and operational update briefings to JFHQ-DODIN staff and leadership
· Access and have Level II expertise with Joint Incident Management System (JIMS), Cyber Situational Awareness Analytical Cloud (CSAAC) analysis database, and other reporting resources (ex. ArcSight and other SIEM capabilities like Splunk, SourceFire Defense Center, Silk) to provide trending data for immediate to short-term cyber incident trends across the DODIN
· Maintain situational awareness of new cyber technology or activity by reviewing open source reporting focusing on vulnerabilities, malware, or other threats that have the potential to impact the DODIN
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Typically requires BS degree and 8 – 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 – 10 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.
· Currently possess an active DoD TS/SCI clearance and eligible for a Polygraph.
· Demonstrated experience with Joint Incident Management System or other ticketing system.
· Knowledge of cyber incident handling process and procedures.
· Experience in an Operations Center providing Senior Leaders specified reports based on information received from supporting unit operations.