Leidos is looking for ASW Analyst - Part Task Trainer (PTT) in BETHESDA, MD.
This local job opportunity with ID 11118101 is live since 07/22/2018.Description:
Employer is the prime contractor supporting the Naval Surface Warfare Center, Carderock, for training and tactical decision aids systems used throughout the US Navy supporting submarines, surface ships, surveillance SONAR systems as well as a number of Command and Control (C2) ASW systems.
Successful candidates have demonstrated that they can operate in a highly technical environment involving the following domains: systems engineering, software engineering, hardware engineering, and integration and test.
Candidate will develop and evaluate training programs for the surface community of the US Navy utilizing Employer’ SAST, CIAT, and PTT trainers. Candidate will be the PTT subject matter expert, and will support the development and delivery of the PTT to the shore based surface ship ASW Schoolhouses. Candidate’s responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to:
• Participate in systems engineering activities for high fidelity, supercomputing based, acoustic trainers. These activities include one or more of the following: Learning Objective and Course Content Creation; Concept of Operations Formulation; Requirements Definition; System Installation; System and Operational Performance Analysis; Lifecycle Cost Analysis and Estimation; and Decision Analysis and Resolution.
• Evaluate and test trainer capabilities
• Interact with internal developers as well as external tactical development team members, US Navy schoolhouse personnel, and military and civilian DoD customers to ensure that trainer requirements are captured and designed into the trainers
• Participate in the installation for training systems
• Train the trainers responsible for operating the training systems
Travel may account for up to 10% of the job.Qualifications:Education & Experience:
- Requires BS and 4 – 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 – 6 years of prior relevant experience.
Must have 2 years of experience supervising or leading team or projects
Position requires an active DoD SECRET security clearance. Candidate must demonstrate proven experience with program management, strong communication skills (written and verbal), and must be proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project).
US citizenship and an active DoD Secret clearance
- Military experience in Undersea Warfare as an acoustic operator (STS/STG/OT), operations specialist (OS), or junior officer
Knowledge of underwater acoustics, underwater sound propagation, tactical oceanography, and acoustic intelligence with a familiarity of the SQQ-89 A(V)15 sonar system.
- Must have specific subject matter expertise in one of the following subject areas: SQQ-89 Sonar system operation, underwater acoustics, underwater sound propagation, tactical oceanography.
- Must be comfortable working directly with software developers and conducting software testing.
- Must demonstrate a commitment to excellence, a dedication to producing quality work results, and an ability to learn and apply new skills. Must be committed to customer service, well organized, able to plan and prioritize assignments, and able to effectively handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision and work well under deadlines.
- Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing, be courteous and professional when interacting with colleagues and customers, demonstrate a solid ability to identify and solve problems, and be able to work successfully in a team environment.
- Must be able to utilize Microsoft Windows and Office products in support of day to day tasking.
Employer is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Employer reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Employer with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Employer.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. Employer will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Employer is an equal opportunity employer/disability/vet.