The Advanced Solutions Group (ASG) at Employer currently has an opening for a Database Engineer to work at our Ft. Meade, Maryland location. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience supporting an important, fast-paced, mission critical program.
Job Summary and Primary Roles and Responsibilities
The selected individual must be able to efficiently investigate complex database issues and provide solutions in a dynamic, complex, production environment. He/she must have the ability to effectively interface with customers, system administrators, database team members, software developers, and senior-level management. He/she will be expected to learn and understand data models and data architecture documents. Solutions developed to support the customer's needs will be written using SQL, PL/SQL, and scripting languages. Other tasks may include applying Oracle patches and upgrading the database structure, as well as tasks in data conversion and other database-centric process improvements.
External Referral Eligible
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, or a related discipline and 4 years of related experience.
• Must have at least 4 years general experience as a Database Administrator to include experience with tasks such as data migration, data replication, user administration, backup and recovery, and general DBA tasks.
• Must have at least 3 years of Oracle Database Administration experience.
• Must have at least 2 years of experience with Linux (RHEL).
• Must have 2 years of shell scripting experience.
• Must have 2 years experience with PL/SQL.
• Must have good communication skills, both verbally and written.
• Must be an independent thinker capable of working proficiently independently as well as within a team.
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
• 3 years experience with Oracle Grid/RAC in a Linux environment.
• Experience with real time highly available data replication technologies such as Oracle Data Guard, Oracle Streams, Oracle Golden Gate, Sybase Replication Server.
• Experience with MySQL.
• Experience with Cassandra.