*IHA â St. Joseph Mercy Health System - Trinity Health is looking for Division Head - Hospitalist Services Opportunity in Michigan, MI.
This local job opportunity with ID 55185396 is live since 08/14/2019.
IHA has an excellent full time employment opportunity for a Division Head Hospitalist Services to join the multi-specialty group located in the Ann Arbor, Michigan and the surrounding communities.
The selected candidate will be employed as a salary, exempt employee with 0.8 administrative duties and 0.2 clinical duties. The Division Head Hospitalist Services is charged with the following responsibilities:
- Leading the physicians and Advanced Practice Providers (APPs) who manage the care of hospitalized patients at all St. Joseph Mercy Hospitals served by IHA.
- Working with IHA and Saint Joseph Mercy Health System (SJMHS) leadership to develop and implement a strategic plan to ensure that the care of the hospitalized patient is carried out in a way that assists the organization in meeting its quadruple aim goals.
- In recognition of the key role in working with the SJMHS, the Division Head Hospitalist Services (or his/her designee) with have a matrixed reporting relationship with the Department of Medicine Chair.
- Improving the transitions of care for patients who are admitted to the hospital and subsequently discharged to the care of both IHA and non-IHA Primary Care Providers and the community.
- Working with the Associate Division Heads (ADH), Site Medical Directors (SMD) and the Hospitalist Program Manager to achieve these goals. The Division Head Hospitalist Services will directly supervise the SMDs at Ann Arbor, Chelsea, Livonia, and Livingston locations, ADHs including the Neonatology and Pediatric Hospitalist SMDs, and the Hospitalist APP Lead Provider.
- Jointly supervise the Program Manager for Hospitalist Services with the Division Director and IHA Division Head, Medical Specialties.
More specific leadership, management, compliance and quality, communication and fiscal responsibilities include the following:
- Promotes professional growth, development, and successful performance of all Hospital Medicine team members and participates in the identification and development of future leadership within the program.
- Actively supports in the recruitment and orientation of new providers, partnering with the IHA and SJMHS Leadership teams to ensure the development and dissemination of ongoing educational and communication forums.
- Together with the Program Manager, develops and monitors program operations to continually improve performance against the program work plan and ensure that the service is fully staffed at all times.
- Demonstrates the value of the IHA Hospitalist Service to SJMHS and both internal and external customers.
- Directly, and in conjunction with the Program Manager, communicates with providers and staff to continually improve patient, provider and staff satisfaction scores.
- Communicates effectively and in a timely manner in both oral and written forms and represents the program effectively in all forums.
- Provides guidance and coaching in conjunction with the essential job functions as identified in the IHA Hospitalist position description.
- In collaboration with the SMDs and the APP Lead Provider, supervises the overall activities of the Physicians and APPs on all of the Inpatient Internal Medicine services.
- In collaboration with Hospital Department Chairs of Medicine to ensure that all Hospitalist providers are in compliance with OPPE/FPPE activities and that all reported incidents are reviewed in a timely manner.
- In collaboration with the Hospitalist ADHs and the Site Director for the specific location, conducts or supervises periodic provider performance evaluations, coaching sessions, orientation programs, and improvement/teaching plans designed to maximize his/her providers potential.
- Provides guidance and supervision for the timely and equitable completion and distribution of all physician and APP work schedules.
- Ensures that there is clear communication with all providers that attendance is expected at meetings, supports the development of clear and relevant meeting agendas and establishes clear goals for items that require action or provider follow up.
- Meets monthly or more with the IHA Division Head, Medical Specialties and Division Director to review program performance, program reports and to establish goals for the upcoming year. Goals for the year will be established with the IHA Division Head, Medical Specialties and approved by the IHA Chief Medical Officer.
COMPLIANCE AND QUALITY RESPONSIBILITIES
- In cooperation with SMDs, reviews patient complaints and adverse event reports generated through the reporting system and shares with provider and IHA Division Head, Medical Specialties and SJMH medical staff leadership.
- Collaboratively designs, implements, and monitors clinical processes and helps to build clinical teams with clear roles and expectations that support the delivery of outstanding patient care.
- Works with existing teams, committees, and groups to advance discussions related to quality and safety and develop strategies to improve patient care quality and delivery.
- Comply with and ensure that physicians adhere to established record keeping, billing accuracy and timeliness, and pre-admission processes in an accurate and timely manner.
- Partners with SJMHS leaders in the development of tools and strategies to achieve optimal patient care outcomes.
- Facilitates effective communication with other Divisions and support services.
- Serves as a conduit to bring Divisional questions and issues to the IHA Governing Board.
- Displays a willingness to work effectively as a team with the Director of Outcomes Management, Chief Medical Officers of SJMHS and IHA, Chairs of Internal Medicine and Pediatrics at SJMHS sites, Director of GME, and SJMHS Nursing Leadership.
- Monitors key metrics across the Hospital Medicine division, to include: program financial reports, physician and provider productivity, ensures that variances are investigated and corrections implemented as required. Reviews data and establishes annual incentives for all providers. Develops and disseminates standard reports, presents at the quarterly Hospital Medicine Oversight Committee meetings.
- Reviews program quality data, peer data utilization, access, patient experience, financial results against internal/external benchmarks, and together with Operations staff assists in establishing plans to improve performance.
- Maintains healthy financial performance of all sites in the program.
Candidates must have the following qualifications for this opportunity: board certification in a medical or pediatric specialty, five years of clinical experience, with prior experience in a leadership capacity, medical staff appointments at St. Joseph Mercy Hospital, Society of Hospital Medicine membership, with Fellowship preferred.
This is an exciting opportunity for the right physician to be part of a well-established multi-specialty group.
An excellent compensation and benefits package is available for the right candidate including:
- Competitive base rate and compensation plan
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Retirement Benefits; 403b, 457
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Profession Malpractice Coverage with Tail Coverage
- Real estate ownership opportunity