Shire Pharmaceuticals is looking for Regional Director - Neuroscience - Minnesota in Saint Paul, MN.
This local job opportunity with ID 11118121 is live since 07/17/2018.
Responsible for the achievement of corporate sales objectives and the development of team members within a respective region. Controls, directs and coordinates all corporate sales strategies and the development of team required to ensure achievement of regional objectives.
Business Planning & Execution
- Ensure marketing plans and strategies are implemented effectively resulting in achievement of sales forecasts for assigned territories.
- Review implementation of sales plan on quarterly basis to ensure objectives are being achieved.
- Continually review assigned region to analyze methods to obtain additional business.
- Routinely report and monitor status of team and products in assigned districts.
- Plan and conduct POA meetings in accordance with National marketing plans and programs.
- Interact with managed care and national accounts to coordinate selling efforts.
- Acts as company liaison between corporate office and field sales reps.
- Submit reports and paperwork accurately and on time.
Management, Leadership and Team Development
- Supervise, manage and oversee all sales representatives in appointed region
- Provide assistance in recruiting, coaching and training as needed.
- Counsel and coach sales reps to overcome performance deficiencies.
- Implement performance improvement plans or termination activities when necessary in conjunction with HR. Communicates expectations and standard of performance.
- Attend and participate in meetings as requested by management.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in a scientific field
- 5+ years of pharmaceutical sales experience or equivalent, preferably in the Neuroscience field, are required with proven track record in all respects of selling, i.e. technical knowledge, selling techniques, understanding of medical field, etc
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of healthcare institutions and commercial managed care; experience selling within healthcare institutions preferred
Key Skills, Abilities, and Competencies
- Relationship Building (builds rapport, leverages relationships, influencing ability)
- Driving Results (accepts responsibility for outcomes and holds themselves and team accountable)
- Business Acumen (alignment of Region plan to business objectives, analyzing/diagnosing ability)
- Coaching and Development (identifying and developing talent, providing feedback)
- Manages Performance (sets and manages goals, communicates expectations, evaluates performance)
- Supporting Regulatory Environment
- Marketplace Awareness (understands external business environment/conditions, includes managed care acumen)
- Communicates Effectively (communicates in an effective way and adjusts based on the audience)
- Fosters Collaboration (works with well with others to accomplish goals, encourages and recognizes team
Complexity and Problem Solving
- Adjusts approach as appropriate and within compliance and MLR guidelines; consult with Director, on more complex issues.
- Understands and navigates complete customer and industry environments
Internal and External Contacts
- Collaborates with all direct and indirect leadership on sales and marketing initiatives
- Collaborates with other field based colleagues and field sales trainers.
Other Job Requirements
Continuous market based travel required