3M is looking for Quality Engineer-Littmann Stethoscope Focus (Maplewood, MN) in Maplewood, MN.
This local job opportunity with ID 33561549 is live since 03/15/2019.
At Employer, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives. With $33 billion in sales, our 93,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
Employer has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.
Employer is seeking a Quality Engineer-Employer Littmann Stethoscope Focus for the Medical Solutions Division (MSD)located in Maplewood, MN. At Employer, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go.
The person hired for the position of Quality Engineer-Employer Littmann Stethoscope Focus will focus on Littmann brand electronic and mechanical stethoscope products in our Auscultation business. This position will lead and support projects that positively impact product service, performance, and quality. This individual will work closely with plant and division Manufacturing Engineers, plant manufacturing personnel, division Product Assurance personnel, and component Suppliers, and will report directly to the Auscultation Quality Manager.
For additional information, please visit:https://www. 3m. com/Employer/en_US/health-care-us/
This position provides an opportunity to transition from other private, public, government or military environments to a Employer career.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Drive existing product quality improvement through use of continuous improvement methods and tools, such as: Scrum, Six Sigma, Product and Process Understanding (PPU), Design of Experiments (DOE), Customer Quality Index (CQI) and Quality at the Source.
- Support customers through complaint investigations and trending.
- Position entails interaction with other Employer, Outsourced Manufacturers, and Supplier facilities.
- Position will involve working with Employer quality, regulatory, manufacturing, laboratory, clinical, and tech service personnel and customers.
- Responsible, accountable and the primary spokesperson for product performance, product quality and be the customer representative for assigned products.
- Ensure the commercialized product design intent and product integrity as materials, processes, methods, and specifications change.
- Primary responsibility for leading the analysis, trouble shooting, verification testing, non-conforming product test and disposition.
- Responsible for change management as it relates to design changes driven by quality improvement, source of supply changes, or cost reduction efforts.
- Lead cross functional teams that include manufacturing, technical service and quality/regulatory engineers.
- Support and/or lead efforts on life cycle management, risk management, product and process improvements, and other product documentation efforts.
- Act as the primary product liaison between the plant and other divisional functions
- Possess a Bachelor's degree or higher in science or engineering discipline (completed and verified prior to start from an accredited institution
- Minimum one (1) year of combined experience with one or more of the following: Quality Engineering, Product Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, and/or Product Development in a private, public, government or military environment
- Bachelor s degree or higher in Materials Science, Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering or related discipline from an accredited institution
- Good mechanical and electrical aptitude
- Strong materials knowledge
- Experience in schematic and PCB design tools; Altium preferred
- Electronic design experience.
- Firmware design experience
- Experience working in manufacturing
- Possess a sound quality and regulatory mindset
- Project leadership experience
- Minimum of one (1) year of Lean manufacturing experience
- Minimum one (1) year of combined experience in a Quality, Technical, Manufacturing/Production or Laboratory environment
- Strong understanding of applied statistical applications and/or continuous improvement methodologies.
- Working knowledge of PPU and/or Lean principles
- Experience in product quality assurance for regulated products
- Experience working with quality systems applied to the health care industry (e. g. Medical Device ISO 13485, FDA QSR and Drug GMP)
- Demonstrated experience to analyze problems, diagnose root cause and apply corrective actions
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong collaboration skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-driven with excellent organization and leadership skills
- Experience with E-matrix (applies to internal applicants only) and SAP
Location: Maplewood, MN
Travel: May include up to 15% domestic/international
Relocation: Is authorized
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e. g., H1B status).
Learn more about Employer s creative solutions to the world s problems at www. Employer. com or on Twitter @Employer. Employer is an equal opportunity employer. Employer will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.
Please note: your application may not be considered if you do not provide your education and work history, either by: 1) uploading a resume, or 2) entering the information into the application fields directly.
Please access the linked document by clicking select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.