Corporate Counsel/Senior Corporate Counsel, Privacy
Employer Business Services is hiring an in-house privacy attorney to support Employer’s Commercial and Public Sector lines of business from our Florham Park, Cherry Hill, NJ or Lexington, KY locations. This is a great opportunity to work in a large, fast-paced law department. We offer a competitive salary (plus bonus eligibility) and excellent benefits.
Title\: Corporate Counsel or Senior Corporate Counsel (depending on experience)
Location\: Florham Park, NJ, Cherry Hill, NJ or Lexington KY
Reporting Relationship\: Will report directly to the Associate General Counsel, Chief Privacy Officer and VP.
Minimum Professional Qualifications\:
1. (2+ years for Corp. Counsel and 6+ years for Senior Corp. Counsel) privacy attorney with extensive knowledge of US privacy laws, including HIPAA, GLBA and state breach notification laws. Specific privacy expertise\:
a. Familiarity with international privacy laws and GDPR required.
b. Previous work as in-house counsel required.
c. Experience drafting and implementing policies and procedures, as well as designing and implementing effective training programs.
d. Provide counsel on a wide variety of state and international data privacy matters, including HIPAA/CMS requirements, GDPR, government, industry and client requirements, and best practices.
e. Review and negotiate privacy and data protection terms with clients and vendors.
f. IAPP certification(s) helpful.
g. Willingness to be available after-hours and weekends occasionally to respond/triage incidents.
h. Help manage and coordinate investigations.
2. Experience with commercial contracts and corporate law required.
4. Proven success partnering with operational business units (including Sales and Operations) and corporate service departments (Finance, Human Resources, Tax, Facilities, etc.) to ensure appropriate risk analysis and transaction structuring is critical.
5. Self-starter who is able to manage multiple tasks at the same time and who thrives in a fast paced, dynamic environment. This role requires someone who is nimble and able to quickly respond to data incidents.
6. Willingness to travel occasionally when required.
7. A commitment to excellence and quality of work.
8. Ability to resolve complex problems in creative and effective ways.
9. Proven leadership skills and ability as a decision-maker.
10. Proven advocacy skills.
11. Experience with outsourcing or other technology contracts is preferred.
Education\: Juris Doctor, plus active membership in a State bar