Employer is looking for Senior PHP Developer in New York, NY.
This local job opportunity with ID 3944 is live since 03/07/2018.
This publishing firm is using modern web technologies, PHP and memcached. They are building an open, service-oriented platform driven by
APIs, and believe wholeheartedly in crafting simple, elegant solutions to complex technological
and product problems.
They are hiring talented + passionate Software Engineers to solve problems as they build out their
new platform. The ideal candidate has extensive experience working with distributed, service
oriented architecture (SOA) systems, writing clean object-oriented code, worked with RESTful
APIs and has worked in cloud based environments like AWS.
• Be part of the team that will architecture and build company's' content platform
• Participate in software design decisions
• Write expressive code that is efficient and extensible
• Be an active part of a larger internal open source community of developers at Hearst
• Be ready to adapt and extend the architectural plan as new product goals and technical
challenges emerge in our agile, continuous development environment
Skills & Requirements
• B.S. Computer Science + Internet Engineering
• At least 3+ years in a role building distributed SOA software systems for consumer-facing,
preferably content-focused, web applications at large scale
• Demonstrably robust experience with:
o SaaS design / RESTful API integration
o Understanding relational databases / data models
o Working in an Agile development team (Scrum highly desired)
o Performance tuning / caching strategies