This team member will participate and contribute to all major tasks including requirements, analysis, solution design, development, testing, training, implementation and support.
The Data Analyst will provide support in making strategic data-related decisions by analyzing data, finding actionable insights, and working with leaders and stakeholders to drive change. Will take the lead in the data quality component including data profiling, cleansing, standardization, classification, de-duplication, generating product descriptions and managing / maintaining the supporting infrastructure.
The Data Analyst must have programming proficiency with analytical platform software and BI systems expertise including but not limited to SQL, Alteryx, Microstrategy, SAS and Tableau.
Responsibilities and duties:
• Responsible for analyzing the business needs, identifying business problems, and proposing technology and change management solutions.
• Define and document requirements in collaboration with BI Manager and business partner.
• Ensure that proposed solutions are compatible with our client’s strategic direction.
• Identify potential issues and work to ensure these are resolved in a timely manner.
• Working with developers on the data mapping, file extract specifications, developing test scripts and testing of the data extracts and uploads.
• Participate in product testing activities (QA Lab) to ensure traceability of requirements.
• Provide data management analysis that focuses on data design, integration, data relationships, data quality and transformation.
• Perform system analysis, documenting the structure, relationships and types of business data through logical modeling, or validating logical models from other sources; mapping the data dependencies from system to system to identify cross-program impact issues or answer business-related technical questions.
• Providing business intelligence support by performing business data analysis and reporting to enable better business decision-making.
• Support Ad-Hoc requests from the users and business and turn the requests around in a timely manner.
• Facilitating data merging and transformation in preparation for analysis by planning the process and either executing directly or training business units to implement directly.
• Keep abreast of new and current data science / big data techniques.
• Communicate with and educate both senior and junior colleagues to further embed data science and analytics across the organization.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, other applied science field
• 5+ years analytical work experience
• Minimum of 5 years professional experience in a technical / data analyst role in a data driven environment
• Strong working knowledge of SQL – Able to query complex datasets and derive conclusions, including using all types of joins between multiple tables
• 3+ years’ experience in data mining, large scale data acquisition, transformation, and cleaning, both structured and unstructured data
• Competency in data manipulation and analysis: accessing raw data in varied formats with different methods and analyzing and processing data
• 3+ years’ experience with data visualization tools (Tableau / Qlikview / Spotfire)
• Considerable experience with statistical tools and methods to incorporate statistical results into analyses
• Has successfully managed project / product implementation through partnerships with cross-functional teams, both internal and external
• Proven ability to identify automation opportunities within current analytics processes and work closely with IT to implement the solution
• Strong knowledge and comfort level with Excel
• Ability to turn vague concepts and asks into well-documented and effective business metrics and insights
• Ability to communicate the results of analyses in a clear and effective manner
• Positive attitude with lots of energy
• Ability to work well with a team environment and take constructive criticism, coaching and feedback on a consistent basis
• Highly detail oriented and organized with the ability to multi-task and work in a very fast paced environment
• Ability to exercise discretion on sensitive or confidential matters