We are seeking a PHP/Java/MySQL/DB2 Developer in New York City who will develop new Web applications, support our existing Web applications.
Candidates must be local and available full-time.
Experience developing Drupal sites is preferred.
• Demonstrable skills and/or current websites developed using PHP/MySQL (and/or Drupal) • Active in Drupal community
• 2 examples of custom Drupal modules, and/or PHP coded applications Education • Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or commensurate experience is required
Other Preferred Experience:
• Java Spring and Identity Management Experience
• PHP frameworks
• LAMP stack, Database optimization, SVN, Git, Security issues • Working with a DB2 data source • Must have familiarity with shell scripting, MYSQL/Apache configuration • System performance, tuning and optimization strategies • Perl, Flash/AS3 (a plus) • Familiarity with Agile/Scrum methodologies
Responsibilities • Review, support and develop new web application features and functionality • Assist in creating and optimizing internal databases • Implement front-end UI for Web applications • Working closely with clients, QA testing and support • Writing documentation and specifications • Creativity, problem solving skills, strong work-ethic, and attention to detail • Work well in a collaborative working environment, and encourage new ideas • Ability to communicate clearly and professionally in writing and in person
• Monitor system performance
• Ideal candidate should have a positive attitude, be a solution-driven problem solver and work in a team environment as well as independently