Leading NYC publishing firm is seeking a Senior PHP Developer.
They are creating a game-changing modern content technology stack - built from the ground up to give their users, editors, and advertisers tools that enable them to tell these amazing stories.
They are using modern web technologies to do this, like Python , PHP and memcached. They are building an open, service-oriented platform driven by APIs, and believe passionately in crafting simple, elegant solutions to complex technological and product problems.
Our client is hiring talented and passionate Software Engineers to solve problems as they build out their new platform. The ideal candidate has extensive experience working with distributed, service oriented architecture (SOA) systems, writing clean object-oriented code, worked with RESTful APIs and has worked in cloud based environments like AWS.
• Be part of the team that will architecture and build content platform
• Participate in software design decisions
• Write expressive code that is efficient and extensible
• Be an active part of a larger internal open source community of developers
• Be ready to adapt and extend the architectural plan as new product goals and technical challenges emerge in our agile, continuous development environment
Desired Skills and Experience
Skills & Requirements
• B.S. Computer Science or Internet Engineering
• At least 3 years in a role building distributed SOA software systems for consumer-facing, preferably content-focused, web applications at large scale
• Demonstrably robust experience with:
o SaaS design / RESTful API integration
o Working in an Agile development team (Scrum highly desired)
o Performance tuning / caching strategies