Our client is looking for a proven, motivated Senior Automation QA Engineer to join our development team. We are a leading provider of a powerful SaaS platform that optimizes and accelerates creative production. The company is Private Equity-backed, based in New York City, and has approximately 30 employees. Our Clients include over 60 of the leading fashion brands, retailers, and entertainment companies - including Under Armour, Cole Haan, MTV, L.L. Bean, Showtime, and CBS.
We're looking for a talented, hands-on QA engineer with extensive automation experience to join our team and help us build the future of the company's SaaS platform. The ideal candidate is passionate about releasing products that are functional, efficient, and beautiful. You'll help us define and build the next generation of a platform that is used everyday to drive commerce, advertising, and entertainment at the biggest names in those industries. You'll partner with our product team, UX designers, front-end engineers, back-end engineers and the rest of the team to deliver great products. A passion for the photo and video industry is a huge plus, because you’ll be directly involved in shaping the way creative professionals work.
• Lead automated cross-platform and device testing on desktop, mobile and internal tools.
• Work with the engineering team to develop best practices and documentation for QA automation across our tech stack
• Work with product and tech leads to hone the process and communication around our testing and deployments.
• Work proactively with product managers, providing solutions on how to support new products and team initiatives, both large and small.
• Develop and maintain test cases and regression plans.
• Using analytics tools and industry research, develop and maintain recommendations for a supported platform matrix.
• Represent the first line of defense for replicating bugs and providing insightful details when issues from across the company are reported.
• 5+ Years of QA Engineering experience
• 3+ Years of Automation Experience
• Proficiency with automation suites such as Mocha, Chai, Selenium Webdriver, Jenkins, or tell us about your favorites. We use Mocha / WebdriverIO extensively.
• Performance and load testing experience a plus - we use Artillery
• Expertise with agile software development, Git, Confluence, and JIRA.
• Demonstrable knowledge of continuous integration, continuous delivery and best practices for QA automation.
• Proficiency working collaboratively with a team of developers, product owners and business stakeholders.
• Heavy experience automating tests with Selenium and Node.js
• Proficient in JIRA and GitHub
• Strong analytic and debugging skills
• Solid understanding of automation techniques and technologies (mocking, promises, css selectors, page-object model, etc…)
• Familiarity with HTML5, CSS, REST APIs, XML/YAML
• Thorough knowledge of Mac OS X, iOS and Windows platforms
LOVE TO SEE:
• Understanding of creative production process and workflow.
• Natural curiosity for new and interesting technologies, and desire to share with the team.
• Experience in training and/or mentoring team members in best practices.
• Natural communicator, able to break down complex ideas into easy concepts.
• Adaptable and open to discovery of new methods and practices based on our unique environment and strengths.