Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is looking for Lead Application Developer in Tarrytown, NY.
This local job opportunity with ID 63872273 is live since 09/29/2019.
Known for its scientific and operational excellence, Regeneron is a leading science-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, invents, develops, manufactures, and commercializes medicines for the treatment of serious medical conditions. Regeneron commercializes medicines for eye diseases, high LDL-cholesterol, atopic dermatitis and a rare inflammatory condition and has product candidates in development in other areas of high unmet medical need, including rheumatoid arthritis, asthma, pain, cancer and infectious diseases.
In Research and Development IT, we deliver complex enterprise systems to help Research Scientists at Regeneron solve their toughest business problems. We bring together multi-disciplinary, highly-skilled technical teams to deliver high-quality technical solutions and services that deliver business value.
Lead Scientific Application Developer with open-source and distributed computing similar to Swift, Java, nodejs, Angular, React is a key role on the team, enabling science by leading the architecture, design, implementation, testing, deployment, and maintenance standards of new and existing custom-built applications that add demonstrable value to the scientific operations of Research & Development at Regeneron.
Our stack currently includes Java, Ruby on Rails, React, AWS, Docker, Postgres, MongoDB, and some legacy technologies and tools. The Lead Scientific Application Developer will be comfortable with this technology landscape but will also bring a broad understanding of modern technologies, architectural principles and design patterns, and will formulate a technology roadmap that aligns with business priorities, scales for the future, and disrupts when necessary to continually improve and deliver value.
The role you will play includes:
• Hands-on technologist with skills to lead and collaborate with the engineering team
• Working as a technology lead with both internal and external stake holder
• Modernizing the legacy technologies across scientific application landscape
• Collaborating with and influencing others to build the next generation of applications to support the ever-evolving needs of Regeneron's scientists
• Acting as an expert technical resource for enterprise architecture, solution architecture, software development, and testing
• Defining and driving adoption of best practices in code health, testing, and maintainability across Regeneron
• Maintaining strong expertise and knowledge of current and emerging technologies and products; evaluating and implementing new technologies, development frameworks, and languages
• Mentoring on approach and execution of solutions, coaching on technologies, and establishing a team-wide comprehension of solution capabilities and direction
Skills and expertise you will bring to the table include:
• 7+ years' experience in systems implementations with a focus on custom web application development
• Proven ability to adapt to new languages, frameworks, technologies as the need arises; previous experience in a role selecting, adopting, and using technology that makes business sense, is supportable, and scalable
• Significant software development and infrastructure architecture experience in designing and architecting enterprise web applications
• Experience leading and inspiring software development teams
• Demonstrable skill in collaborating with other IT teams, vendor partners, internal collaborators, and architects to deliver solutions; advocacy for a DevOps approach to the software development lifecycle
• Solid understanding of the practical application of Agile development methods and leading software development teams in an Agile/Lean/Continuous Delivery environment
• Ability to formulate and articulate the technical and political implications of creating and delivering transformative technical solutions in an innovative, high-growth, demanding business area
• Experience working directly with senior IT leaders in an advisory role on technical strategies
• Interest in and experience mentoring junior developers and driving technical discussions and decisions
• Progressive industry experience; Information Technology / Biotechnology / Pharmaceutical preferred
This is an opportunity to join our select team that is already leading the way in the Pharmaceutical/Biotech industry. Apply today and learn more about Regeneron's unwavering commitment to combining good science & good business.
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Regeneron about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at Regeneron via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of Regeneron, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by Regeneron for this position and a valid agreement with Regeneron is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the Regeneron agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.