Uber Technologies Inc is looking for Front-End Software Engineer, Self-Driving - San Francisco in Pittsburgh, PA.
This local job opportunity with ID 33799322 is live since 03/16/2019.
As a Front End Engineer at Uber ATG, you'll build high-performance web visualization and analysis tools. These tools are used by many rapidly growing self-driving engineering teams, each with unique needs and challenges. This is a rare opportunity to build products used by internal and autonomy teams to operate the safest, most reliable, and efficient autonomous fleet. Our teams span from AV Maps, Core Platforms and Infrastructure, Machine Learning, Autonomy Engineering, and more.
What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the Team
What You ll Do
- Contribute to the future of self-driving technology.
- Build 3D visualization applications on the frontier of web technologies, using and developing bleeding-edge tooling.
- Adapt to meet the needs of our massive growth and rapidly evolving systems.
- Write maintainable and extensible code with high quality tests and documentation.
What You'll Need:
- BS/MS/Phd in Computer Science or related field required
- 2+ years front-end web development experience.
- Demonstrated experience of shipping high-quality product features on schedule
- Familiarity with principles of good user experience.
Bonus Points If
- Experience with WebGL / Web Assembly / 3D rendering.
- Experience with network optimization, especially WebSockets, data compression and latency reduction.
- Experience with algorithm design and selection to optimize CPU and memory usage for large N s with limited system resources.
- Strong open-source background.
About the Team:
At Uber, we believe technology has the power to make transportation more efficient, accessible, and safer than ever before. Self-driving technology has the potential to make these benefits an everyday reality for our customers, but it s not going to happen overnight. Building best-in-class self-driving technology will take time, and safety is our priority every step of the way. Operating inclusively and transparently, while displaying responsible behavior in a structured development are critical to safety. We at ATG seek candidates who will role model these values.