Duties and Responsibilities
1. Leads and coordinates audit efforts of tax data on forms and other tax team processes to ensure the necessary controls and evidence of work are in place. Elevates inconsistencies to leadership team and impacted business units with proposals for resolution.
2. Identifies, communicates, and documents system issues. Provides support for testing of tax forms and validation of pre- and post-system elevations. Opens tickets for systems issues as needed.
3. Displays technical knowledge of tax information reporting and tax information returns. Understands unique rules applicable to Broker Dealer and Transfer Agency businesses relating to required filings from governing bodies. Works with regulators as liaisons if necessary to ensure Employer returns are filed timely and accurate.
4. Identifies trends and inefficiencies impeding the Broker Dealer and Transfer Agency businesses and recommends process improvements. Collaborates with management to implement process improvements and enhance the client experience. Champions Employer Unmatchable Excellence (VUE) initiatives and principles. Fosters a positive work environment and empowers and motivates crew to make continuous improvement an "everyday" event.
5. Analyzes and resolves complex client cases. Engages Legal Operations, Risk & Compliance, and Resolution Services when applicable. Supports Broker Dealer and Transfer Agency standards for quality and productivity.
6. Builds productive working relationships across the organization with a focus on creating client driven solutions, continually looking to meet or exceed client expectations. Keeps supervisor informed of issues impacting the team. Identifies and implements improvements that make processes easier for internal and external clients and improves efficiencies. Leads efforts to implement suggestions.
7. Displays strong relationship management skills during interactions with external vendors and internal business partners. Responds accurately, appropriately, and in a timely fashion. Has the ability to convey business needs to IT partners in order to ensure future system functionality adheres to regulatory requirements.
8. Possesses a full understanding of systems, workflows/procedures, IRS/states rules and regulations to successfully process all tax functions. Prioritizes and handles multiple tasks in a rapidly changing environment.
9. Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
May be required to work past normal business hours, including some weekends.
Employer is not offering visa sponsorship for this positionread more