Head of Third Party Risk Management
Vanguard is looking for Head of Third Party Risk Management in Malvern, PA.
This local job opportunity with ID 3438316 is live since 04/02/2018.
The Finance division is home to Employer’s experts in Corporate Financial Services, Fund Financial Services, Internal Audit and the Finance Transformation Program. Our crew are high caliber professionals who provide financial and decision support leadership to all businesses at Employer across the globe. Integrity is key – as stewards of fund assets and Employer’s assets, we must protect data, mitigate risk, stay competitive, and proactively establish business initiatives, all while returning value to clients. Employer’s Finance division is a talent destination for exceptional financial minds looking to be part of a best-in-class organization that is one of Employer’s most trusted voices. Employer is currently recruiting for a Head of Third Party Risk Management to ensure efficient and comprehensive management of supplier risk, while monitoring adherence to broader enterprise and regulatory risk frameworks.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage and develop staff by providing guidance, training, and motivation necessary to develop staff. Hires, terminates, evaluates, and counsels personnel. Sets performance standards, reviews performance and provides regular and ongoing feedback.
- Serves as Employer’s internal expert on third party supplier risk, guiding and influencing senior leaders across the enterprise on risk concerns. Serves as thought leader to develop and implement Third Party Risk Management (TPRM)-wide risk strategy consistent with changing enterprise-specific and industry-wide risk and regulatory environment.
- Oversees all aspects of supplier risk management, ensuring objective supplier risk assessment and independent supplier risk reporting.
- Maintains expertise in changing global regulatory requirements for supplier spend.
- Leads the Enterprise Supply Management (ESM) risk governance program, determining and ensuring adherence to risk policies, firm standards, and industry best practices. Ensures appropriate mechanisms and processes for flagging, escalating, managing and resolving supplier risk issues. Establishes supporting processes, tools, templates required to support risk assessment.
- Partners with managing director, senior divisional leaders, and business partners in ESM and wider risk organization to ensure suppliers’ compliance with established risk policies.
- Serves as main risk partner to Strategic Sourcing and Sourcing Operations during initial supplier screening and onboarding processes.
- Manages TPRM organization and ESM-wide approach to risk, leading a team of senior risk experts including international risk specialists. Reviews TPRM achievement of KPIs to assess effectiveness of organization.
- Acts as partner to ESM organization by leading key stakeholders to develop holistic strategy on supplier risk management and supplier performance management guidelines. Leads development of annual plans.
- Makes staffing decisions and utilizes succession planning to accelerate crews' development and provide appropriate degree of staffing contingency.
- Maintains an in-depth understanding of Employer and industry knowledge by keeping current on Employer, fund, industry, and regulatory events.
- Understands and drives decision-making based on changing global regulatory requirements. Maintains an independent oversight arm within ESM.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- 10+ years relevant experience in risk management and experience working with third party risk specifically
- MBA preferred. Master's degree or equivalent combination of training and experience
- Deep knowledge of internal control and risk management with demonstrated understanding of the regulatory landscape and understanding of asset management
- Strong controls mindset
- Ability to build credibility and influence key internal and external stakeholders
- Strong experience in data analytics & knowledge of supply base market analysis
- Demonstrated commitment to developing staff skills and building capabilities